Now then who can we realistically see going with contracts. .

Curtains

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you ever thought there might be an element of kidology when Rowett talks about big changes to come?

Could he be looking for a reaction from certain players to see if they are up for the challenge he is about to lay down?

No doubt there will be departures and I expect either Will or Tom to go, but I don't think we will see wholesale changes.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Have you ever thought there might be an element of kidology when Rowett talks about big changes to come?

Could he be looking for a reaction from certain players to see if they are up for the challenge he is about to lay down?

No doubt there will be departures and I expect either Will or Tom to go, but I don't think we will see wholesale changes.

Why sell the best players what is the sense in that. 

Why did Tottenham sell Bale? Why did Liverpool sell Suarez? Etc etc

Having good business sense is knowing when to sell.  You may say that Tottenham selling their best player was the catalyst to them becoming a top 4 club.

If we didn't sell our best players where will the funds come from for this big rebuild if it happens? You just said it will be hard to shift players on big contracts if people don't want them.

I don't think we need a big re build

martin, Thorne and Fozzy are letting getting 3 new class players back for free. Add 3 quality loans in the ilk of Mooy, Abraham, kalas  etc. There's 6 new players 3 of our own and 3 with no/minimal outlay and zero risk.

ship out bent, Blackman, Camara, Pearce, Weiman butters, Hanson rawson Bryson Christie and Olson. That's around £10 mil in transfer fees and about the same in wage savings.

depending on your loans we definitely need a RB, CDM and LW

piece of piss this football manager malarky ?

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Having good business sense is knowing when to sell.  You may say that Tottenham selling their best player was the catalyst to them becoming a top 4 club.

If we didn't sell our best players where will the funds come from for this big rebuild if it happens? You just said it will be hard to shift players on big contracts if people don't want them.

You could argue that both of them selling their best player made them worse off.

Spurs finished 5th in Bale's final season and finished 6th the year after then 5th when Kane broke into the first team.

Liverpool finished 2nd in Suarez's last season and 6th the following season, then 8th and this season between 3rd and 5th.

Both teams have spent vast amounts of money and made the team weaker with their surplus of cash. They had to pay big for players that just were not good enough.

12 minutes ago, rynny said:

You could argue that both of them selling their best player made them worse off.

Spurs finished 5th in Bale's final season and finished 6th the year after then 5th when Kane broke into the first team.

Liverpool finished 2nd in Suarez's last season and 6th the following season, then 8th and this season between 3rd and 5th.

Both teams have spent vast amounts of money and made the team weaker with their surplus of cash. They had to pay big for players that just were not good enough.

To be fair we do seem to be a club that does not sell players when they are at their most sellable as in cash wise, well that is my feeling anyway

Can someone please post a full squad list of those who you think will be here for pre-season, and include areas we might bring in a new face. The last thread discussing this is dangerously close to slipping down to the second page with the others.

51 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Whilst I agree we will sell if the right offer comes in. I think selling your best player is a short term move. Both Spurs and Liverpool are the nearly men of premiership football, especially Spurs. If they still had Bale they would in my opinion have been champions last year or this. They will remain nearly men unless they buy an outstanding player so haven't gained. I still think your best player in the championship should be the centre forward. I am sure if we get big money for Will and buy the best centre forward available, we would be a better team. Or at least a more successful team in this division 

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Can someone please post a full squad list of those who you think will be here for pre-season, and include areas we might bring in a new face. The last thread discussing this is dangerously close to slipping down to the second page with the others.

Carson, Mitchell
Christie, Baird, new^
Keogh, Pearce, Shackell, new*
Forsyth, Lowe, Olsson
Thorne, Johnson, Hughes, Bryson, Butterfield 
Ince, Anya, Russell, newWeimann, Camara
Martin, Nugent, Vydra, Bent, Blackman

Italics, out. Gives a core of 23 seniors.

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Im pretty sure, but correct me if im wrong that spurs spunked the money for bale up the wall on quite a few average players bar erikson

the emergence of harry kane and a one Mauricio potechino has been their catalyst into the top four 

but i hear what your saying re selling for good business

boils down to do we trust gaz raz

i do 

2 hours ago, curtains said:

Why sell the best players what is the sense in that. 

If they want to leave?

Hendrick left because he wanted to try the Premier League and we were offered a fair fee for him

I would imagine if the same situation arise with either Hughes or Ince the same might happen - We've been promising the possibility of Premier League football for 4 years now - Since Hughes was 18 - I can imagine them being a little skeptical that it's as easy as they were told previously

2 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Im pretty sure, but correct me if im wrong that spurs spunked the money for bale up the wall on quite a few average players bar erikson

the emergence of harry kane and a one Mauricio potechino has been their catalyst into the top four 

but i hear what your saying re selling for good business

boils down to do we trust gaz raz

i do 

To be honest I plucked the Spurs comparison out of my arse, Curtains asked why anyone would sell their best player and I could only think of Suarez and Bale off the top of my head.

21 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

To be honest I plucked the Spurs comparison out of my arse, Curtains asked why anyone would sell their best player and I could only think of Suarez and Bale off the top of my head.

Fair play buddy

they are good examples whichever way u look at it 

6 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I would argue if they had bale with the current team they would win the league.

Archived