Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
curtains

Now then who can we realistically see going with contracts. .

62 posts in this topic

Rowett was talking about having two different groups if he has to.

One group he wants and the other group he doesn't  

Difficult to get people out with  contracts  

 

Share this post


Link to post

Have you ever thought there might be an element of kidology when Rowett talks about big changes to come?

Could he be looking for a reaction from certain players to see if they are up for the challenge he is about to lay down?

No doubt there will be departures and I expect either Will or Tom to go, but I don't think we will see wholesale changes.

 

Angry Ram likes this

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Have you ever thought there might be an element of kidology when Rowett talks about big changes to come?

Could he be looking for a reaction from certain players to see if they are up for the challenge he is about to lay down?

No doubt there will be departures and I expect either Will or Tom to go, but I don't think we will see wholesale changes.

 

Why sell the best players what is the sense in that. 

LeedsRam1999 likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Why did Tottenham sell Bale? Why did Liverpool sell Suarez? Etc etc

Having good business sense is knowing when to sell.  You may say that Tottenham selling their best player was the catalyst to them becoming a top 4 club.

If we didn't sell our best players where will the funds come from for this big rebuild if it happens? You just said it will be hard to shift players on big contracts if people don't want them.

Share this post


Link to post

I don't think we need a big re build

martin, Thorne and Fozzy are letting getting 3 new class players back for free. Add 3 quality loans in the ilk of Mooy, Abraham, kalas  etc. There's 6 new players 3 of our own and 3 with no/minimal outlay and zero risk.

ship out bent, Blackman, Camara, Pearce, Weiman butters, Hanson rawson Bryson Christie and Olson. That's around £10 mil in transfer fees and about the same in wage savings.

depending on your loans we definitely need a RB, CDM and LW

piece of piss this football manager malarky ?

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Why did Tottenham sell Bale? Why did Liverpool sell Suarez? Etc etc

Having good business sense is knowing when to sell.  You may say that Tottenham selling their best player was the catalyst to them becoming a top 4 club.

If we didn't sell our best players where will the funds come from for this big rebuild if it happens? You just said it will be hard to shift players on big contracts if people don't want them.

You could argue that both of them selling their best player made them worse off.

Spurs finished 5th in Bale's final season and finished 6th the year after then 5th when Kane broke into the first team.

Liverpool finished 2nd in Suarez's last season and 6th the following season, then 8th and this season between 3rd and 5th.

Both teams have spent vast amounts of money and made the team weaker with their surplus of cash. They had to pay big for players that just were not good enough.

jono likes this

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, rynny said:

You could argue that both of them selling their best player made them worse off.

Spurs finished 5th in Bale's final season and finished 6th the year after then 5th when Kane broke into the first team.

Liverpool finished 2nd in Suarez's last season and 6th the following season, then 8th and this season between 3rd and 5th.

Both teams have spent vast amounts of money and made the team weaker with their surplus of cash. They had to pay big for players that just were not good enough.

To be fair we do seem to be a club that does not sell players when they are at their most sellable as in cash wise, well that is my feeling anyway

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

To be fair we do seem to be a club that does not sell players when they are at their most sellable as in cash wise, well that is my feeling anyway

Hendrick ! 

Share this post


Link to post

Can someone please post a full squad list of those who you think will be here for pre-season, and include areas we might bring in a new face. The last thread discussing this is dangerously close to slipping down to the second page with the others.

Saul Pimpson and LazloW like this

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community.


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0