Andreas Weimann

Carnero

1 hour ago, Topram said:

I don't think that, when did I say that??? He was on a tight budget at Birmingham Russell was probably only player he could afford in that position 

If he could afford Russell he could afford Weimann. Certainly in terms of fee.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Guy is 25 and shows some potential, therefore I would be happier to off load Camara, Blackman and maybe Anya first.

Still think Russell, Ince and Vydra offer more though.

Personally I prefer the way he stretches opposition which creates space compared to Inces coming back in and congesting things, something that I think showed up in those play-off semis versus Hull.

But no denying Inces bag of tricks I get the feeling Rowett might be a fan of workrate over bags of tricks, not really got anything to base this on though.

On 5/19/2017 at 12:21, Saul Pimpson said:

Could there still be a future for Andreas Weimann at the club?

With the current uncertainty over Lambert's future at Wolves, the recent speculation that Super Thomas Ince may be available in order to to raise transfer funds and Gaz's clear preference for "grafters," I just get the feeling we've not yet seen the end of Weimann in a Derby shirt.

In the hypothetical situation that Super Thomas Ince were to be sold for a mahoosive fee, I don't think it would be beyond the realms of possibility that we could see Russell switched to his preferred right hand side, Weimann playing on the left & Martin playing as a link man behind Nugent.

Your thoughts?

He's no worse than any of the other passengers in the current squad. May as well see if Rowett can get him playing. 

28 minutes ago, David said:

Nuno Espírito Santo was coach at Valencia until the end of November 2015. That's quite a come-down to end up at Wolves. Has Jorge Mendes taken over there? He basically has his own technical staff and players who he puts in place in the clubs that he is running. I imagine that the Neville brothers won't be long in getting involved as well if that is the case.

8 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Nuno Espírito Santo was coach at Valencia until the end of November 2015. That's quite a come-down to end up at Wolves. Has Jorge Mendes taken over there? He basically has his own technical staff and players who he puts in place in the clubs that he is running. I imagine that the Neville brothers won't be long in getting involved as well if that is the case.

Not been very successful for Valencia having Jorge Mendes use them as a holding station, and it won't be successful for Wolves either.

On 19/05/2017 at 12:21, Saul Pimpson said:

Could there still be a future for Andreas Weimann at the club?

With the current uncertainty over Lambert's future at Wolves, the recent speculation that Super Thomas Ince may be available in order to to raise transfer funds and Gaz's clear preference for "grafters," I just get the feeling we've not yet seen the end of Weimann in a Derby shirt.

In the hypothetical situation that Super Thomas Ince were to be sold for a mahoosive fee, I don't think it would be beyond the realms of possibility that we could see Russell switched to his preferred right hand side, Weimann playing on the left & Martin playing as a link man behind Nugent.

Your thoughts?

I'd be happy with AW back in a Rams shirt. ????

Archived