Andreas Weimann

Carnero

15 hours ago, Simsy said:

I would keep him as a no.10. It's argued he is wasted out wide 

He doesn't have the skill to be a no 10...he played up front down the middle in some pre-season games and demonstrated that he's very uni-dimensional...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, curtains said:

Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. 

Am I right in thinking this would make us cost neutral for FFP purposes from him? Bought for £2.5 mil. Split over 3 years so around £800k per year. 1 year in so £1.5 mil for him would make us even from this point on?

7 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Am I right in thinking this would make us cost neutral for FFP purposes from him? Bought for £2.5 mil. Split over 3 years so around £800k per year. 1 year in so £1.5 mil for him would make us even from this point on?

He's a League 1 player at best so £1.5 mill is a "snap your hand off" price. 

2 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

He's a League 1 player at best so £1.5 mill is a "snap your hand off" price. 

Well as he's never played in league 1 I think your wrong. Only ever played in the prem or championship since coming to England.

23 minutes ago, curtains said:

Taken from official website link:

Richard Stearman and Andi Weimann’s registrations will return to parent clubs Fulham and Derby County respectively.

Discussions are continuing regarding Weimann’s future but there is no offer to make Stearman’s deal permanent.

Read more at http://www.wolves.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/news-contract-decisions-revealed-3721311.aspx#XXA62szSSKOTj8GL.99

Not saying Weimann is a poor player, but for me he has had a couple of good games only, the best for me was Hull away, also think Ince Russell and Anya are better options, and for 1.5 million pounds , we get a good deal on a player who has not reached the standards we all expected, including 3 different managers, and they are the ones who understand the game more than any of us.

57 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Wasn't he signed in 2015 that would make him 2 years into a 4 year contract.

£2.5 ÷ 4 = £625k/year therefore  £1.5m would be £200k up. I think.

Given a fair crack I reckon he would have been very good for us. Unfortunately the move was just a waste of everybody's time. In the end just another signing that sums up Derby County in the last few years.

7 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Given a fair crack I reckon he would have been very good for us. Unfortunately the move was just a waste of everybody's time. In the end just another signing that sums up Derby County in the last few years.

This.

Not that he's bad particularly, but that he hasn't particularly improved us or forced his way above those already here.

He was that seasons Ikechi Anya.

On 5/19/2017 at 15:27, sage said:

Rowett tried to sign Russell when he was at Brum. He didn't try to sign Weimann. 

Any number of factors may have caused this though. It's not as simple as that. Perhaps he wanted Weimann, but Weimann wasn't interested due to his close ties with Villa? 

On 2017-5-19 at 18:04, Ninos said:

One of the worst players we have brought in, all Weimann does is run fast and in straight lines. Plus he's frail. It's incredible how we've been saddled with so many good for nothing mediocre players. Extremely depressing, and no wonder we have close to zero team spirit in this squad. Get rid of as much deadwood as possible!

Shows how poor the Premier League must be if players like that can score 17 goals

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

He (Rowett) did sign Shotton off us.

And got him to play well in a generally stingy defence.

You could also add, Shotton was about all he could sign, given the stingy budget he was operating within.

Being able to get the best out of what you've got deserved credit.

27 minutes ago, sage said:

The fact that you think you know better than Gary Rowett should worry you more. 

I don't think that, when did I say that??? He was on a tight budget at Birmingham Russell was probably only player he could afford in that position 

30 minutes ago, Topram said:

I don't think that, when did I say that??? He was on a tight budget at Birmingham Russell was probably only player he could afford in that position 

How could he only afford Russell if he didn't actually manage to sign Russell? That says to me he couldn't afford him ?

Archived