Andreas Weimann

Carnero

3 hours ago, whitefieldram said:

GR might rate him yet. Is he any worse than Russell? 

I'd back Weimann over JR in any one on one with the GK.

Rowett tried to sign Russell when he was at Brum. He didn't try to sign Weimann. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

Clement who you obviously dont like just kept Swasea in the prem(no mean achievement) then Wassell then Pearson then Steve Mclaren and Rowett are they all wont and you arte right I dont think so

What? 

7 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

Clement who you obviously dont like just kept Swasea in the prem(no mean achievement) then Wassell then Pearson then Steve Mclaren and Rowett are they all wrong and you are right? I dont think so

We are all allowed our own opinions but when it disagrees with 3/4 highly rated managers  best to keep quite about it

Ok, now you have edited it makes more a bit more sense, but my original question still stands, what?

Someone said they thought Weimann scored 4 games in a row before being dropped, all I did was give a run down of games that Weimann played in from his little purple patch. How you came to the conclusion I didn't like Clement and I am wrong because it disagrees with 3/4 of managers we have had? I provided a list of games, pure facts, not a single thing in my post even gives a slight indication of opinion.

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Agree with the above but I think id rather see vydra given the opportunity to do that

weimanns decision making is atrocious in the final third and even worse back in his own half (which to be fair neither he or us want him ever to be there)

Unless Vydra can play off the shoulder, and supposedly he did at Watford, I think he and Martin would take up each other's spaces.

I can see Weimann playing off Martin and running beyond working and Nugent running the channels with Vydra getting it to feet as a #10 working.

28 minutes ago, rynny said:

Ok, now you have edited it makes more a bit more sense, but my original question still stands, what?

Someone said they thought Weimann scored 4 games in a row before being dropped, all I did was give a run down of games that Weimann played in from his little purple patch. How you came to the conclusion I didn't like Clement and I am wrong because it disagrees with 3/4 of managers we have had? I provided a list of games, pure facts, not a single thing in my post even gives a slight indication of opinion.

Nah mate, everyone knows that stating facts and statistics is just your way of getting back at Paul Clement. Don't see you breaking out stats about Clough, McClaren, Wassall, Pearson and Rowett. You make me sick.

5 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Nah mate, everyone knows that stating facts and statistics is just your way of getting back at Paul Clement. Don't see you breaking out stats about Clough, McClaren, Wassall, Pearson and Rowett. You make me sick.

I was tempted to go full pedantic and say the only reason that Rowett hasn't picked Weimann is because he is out on loan. Was also going to mention that Weimann was a big part of Pearson's plans and got injured just before the first game of the season and featured in all 3 matches once he returned to full fitness before Pearson left.

38 minutes ago, cannable said:

Unless Vydra can play off the shoulder, and supposedly he did at Watford, I think he and Martin would take up each other's spaces.

I can see Weimann playing off Martin and running beyond working and Nugent running the channels with Vydra getting it to feet as a #10 working.

Weimann is certainly better at running in behind as opposed to having to play in front of a back four no question about that

One of the worst players we have brought in, all Weimann does is run fast and in straight lines. Plus he's frail. It's incredible how we've been saddled with so many good for nothing mediocre players. Extremely depressing, and no wonder we have close to zero team spirit in this squad. Get rid of as much deadwood as possible!

If Rowett wants him more than Wolves do, then lets see him play as a striker. I wouldn't be too upset if he went to wolves. I think a lot of people believe in him just because we signed him from an awful Villa squad.

He was dastardly unlucky with the Pearson reign of Terror, because it looked like he was going to be first choice for Nasty Nigel. Then he got injured just before the season started IIRC. Although Pearson did have left wing i think.

In my opinion he can be added to our "much of a muchness" or "trier" ranks of players - I don't think he's partically better or worse than Russell or Anya, probably a bit ahead of Razza and way behind Ince, comparisons with Vydra for a central role are a bit moot because he never got a chance yet.

25 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

If Rowett wants him more than Wolves do, then lets see him play as a striker. I wouldn't be too upset if he went to wolves. I think a lot of people believe in him just because we signed him from an awful Villa squad.

He was dastardly unlucky with the Pearson reign of Terror, because it looked like he was going to be first choice for Nasty Nigel. Then he got injured just before the season started IIRC. Although Pearson did have left wing i think.

In my opinion he can be added to our "much of a muchness" or "trier" ranks of players - I don't think he's partically better or worse than Russell or Anya, probably a bit ahead of Razza and way behind Ince, comparisons with Vydra for a central role are a bit moot because he never got a chance yet.

Pearson played him as a wing-back for most of pre-season then wanted to play him on the left of a 442 before he got injured. I'm sure everyone will agree he would be wasted in those positions. Pearson was going to waste him like he did everyone else.

I'd certainly look to keep him myself, think he's got something in him that we haven't yet managed to unleash, much like vydra. Don't think he's a winger in the slightest, but if we're playing 4231 I think he can provide competition for vydra in the hole behind the striker, certainly has the energy to cause problems

28 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I'd certainly look to keep him myself, think he's got something in him that we haven't yet managed to unleash, much like vydra. Don't think he's a winger in the slightest, but if we're playing 4231 I think he can provide competition for vydra in the hole behind the striker, certainly has the energy to cause problems

He possibly could but from what we have seen so far in Derby shirts Martin and Nugent working together is a very interesting and clever pairing if we get them together 

22 hours ago, Casio said:

I personally would love to see him return and get a chance under Rowett. Was excited when he signed and have been disappointed that a few managers saw Russell ahead of him in the pecking order.

Maybe because Russell is the better player? Weimann is a fast runner...but offers little else. He is a horse with the football brain of one. 

Archived