Andreas Weimann

Carnero

Could there still be a future for Andreas Weimann at the club?

With the current uncertainty over Lambert's future at Wolves, the recent speculation that Super Thomas Ince may be available in order to to raise transfer funds and Gaz's clear preference for "grafters," I just get the feeling we've not yet seen the end of Weimann in a Derby shirt.

In the hypothetical situation that Super Thomas Ince were to be sold for a mahoosive fee, I don't think it would be beyond the realms of possibility that we could see Russell switched to his preferred right hand side, Weimann playing on the left & Martin playing as a link man behind Nugent.

Your thoughts?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GR might rate him yet. Is he any worse than Russell? 

I'd back Weimann over JR in any one on one with the GK.

I personally would love to see him return and get a chance under Rowett. Was excited when he signed and have been disappointed that a few managers saw Russell ahead of him in the pecking order.

I agree he should be given a chance, hull in play offs he was excellent! Rowett wants pace and he's got that, feel if he played the sam amount as Russell this season he'd of bagged more! Needs a fair run it's ok saying he's played loads but not in a row only sub appreances

Weimann away at Hull IMO was one of the best individual performances in the last couple of years. All he needs (probably needed now) is a run of games. 

That said, he seems to be the only one that is gauging interest for a fee at present. 

2 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I take it he's returned to Derby? Not heard anything about any of our loans apart from Martin. Is there a deadline for the agreed fee Wolves could make?

I believe the loan ends on 31st May for these players. 

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm sure he scored in 4 consecutive games and the tactical genius Clement dropped him...I could be wrong.

Scored 3 goals in 4 games, Rotherham, QPR and Cardiff started the next 4 after that which we won 2 and drew 2 then was dropped after 4-0 win against Bristol City. Next 2 games he cam off the bench for the last 10 mins, then started against Leeds then not again until Clement's last game against Fulham, he featured in 2 games as a sub in the 7 games between starts, against Boro and Hartlepool, both he came off the bench on 76 minutes. He then did not start another game until the play off 2nd leg. He featured as a sub 6 times for Wassall.

I liked him and his appearance in the second leg of the Hull game was brilliant.

But I should imagine his wages are quite expensive for a squad player and maybe a player that we could get money for.

The only one who really knows is Mr Rowett.

Well he is better than Blackman and camara and probably anya if you take into account goal scoring but he is one of those that hasn't really produced much but could do just like Vydra 

oh and everybody played well in that game at hull 

Would welcome him back with open arms on the premise that he's going to be given an actual chance/run in the team and played in his best position. However, with the club looking to offload big earners, you could quite easily see him being on the departure list. 

2 hours ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Could there still be a future for Andreas Weimann at the club?

With the current uncertainty over Lambert's future at Wolves, the recent speculation that Super Thomas Ince may be available in order to to raise transfer funds and Gaz's clear preference for "grafters," I just get the feeling we've not yet seen the end of Weimann in a Derby shirt.

In the hypothetical situation that Super Thomas Ince were to be sold for a mahoosive fee, I don't think it would be beyond the realms of possibility that we could see Russell switched to his preferred right hand side, Weimann playing on the left & Martin playing as a link man behind Nugent.

Your thoughts?

Iv not seen anything in weimman when shunted out wide to suggest he can offer us anything really

For me, two very good performaces against hull (one was more for pure industry than actual footballing end product) doesnt paper over the other however many non event performances.

If we want play offs or better then we need a far far far better return than he can offer

through the middle is where he made his name playing off benteke but weve had god knows how many managers that clearly dont trust him in that role

can gaz raz get something out of him... maybe? But for me id get rid, best for all parties

55 minutes ago, cannable said:

Good movement, hard working, quick and links up well with Martin.

Down the middle, doing Martin's running for him and playing off of him? 

Agree with the above but I think id rather see vydra given the opportunity to do that

weimanns decision making is atrocious in the final third and even worse back in his own half (which to be fair neither he or us want him ever to be there)

2 hours ago, rynny said:

Scored 3 goals in 4 games, Rotherham, QPR and Cardiff started the next 4 after that which we won 2 and drew 2 then was dropped after 4-0 win against Bristol City. Next 2 games he cam off the bench for the last 10 mins, then started against Leeds then not again until Clement's last game against Fulham, he featured in 2 games as a sub in the 7 games between starts, against Boro and Hartlepool, both he came off the bench on 76 minutes. He then did not start another game until the play off 2nd leg. He featured as a sub 6 times for Wassall.

Clement who you obviously dont like just kept Swasea in the prem(no mean achievement) then Wassell then Pearson then Steve Mclaren and Rowett are they all wrong and you are right? I dont think so

We are all allowed our own opinions but when it disagrees with 3/4 highly rated managers  best to keep quite about it

Archived