Forest's Greek Tragedy

David

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

My favourite is the BBC headline:

"I have nothing to be afraid of as I have done nothing wrong."- Greek Marinakis buys Notts Forest.

Oh, I think he should be afraid, very afraid.....

At least, being Greek, he'll have some familiarity with massive unsustainable levels of debt.

I imagine that,  given the national stereotype of Greek taxpayers,  that HMRC will be very interested in this appointment. 

7 hours ago, David said:

The Treetards on this Facebook thread ????? brilliant "Clutching at straws" comes to mind, the Red Dogs have just gone from the ? Into the ??. 

Nottingham Forest..... the gift that just keeps on giving ???

Thank you Gumps appreciate your efforts to keep us entertained over the close season ????

For our gump friends reading this thread, I would say be careful what you wish for. All of them saying "nothing could be worse than Fawaz" don't live in the real world and, once an owner who's bad news is installed, it can be very hard indeed to get rid of them.

Here's a news report about the match-fixing charges including the blowing up of the bakery belonging to a referee who has since become a Greek MP: http://europe.newsweek.com/greece-charges-41-over-match-fixing-football-scandal-deepens-327763

Shame not everyone can have a rich local owner who's a lifelong fan.

Its awful to see things not going well for forest.

Did you know that they once won the European cup?

11 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

For our gump friends reading this thread, I would say be careful what you wish for. All of them saying "nothing could be worse than Fawaz" don't live in the real world and, once an owner who's bad news is installed, it can be very hard indeed to get rid of them.

Here's a news report about the match-fixing charges including the blowing up of the bakery belonging to a referee who has since become a Greek MP: http://europe.newsweek.com/greece-charges-41-over-match-fixing-football-scandal-deepens-327763

Shame not everyone can have a rich local owner who's a lifelong fan.

Wouldn't a rich, local person from Nottingham just be a drug dealer though? That would only be slightly better than Nick the Greeks reputation. 

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Has it been announced how much the deal was and what's happening with the debt?

Terms are being arranged with the European central bank but the latest bailout package is likely to include severe austerity measures.

Just the 4 complementary matchday pies for Kenny next season.

18 hours ago, RamNut said:

Its awful to see things not going well for forest.

Did you know that they once won the European cup?

10 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Twice?

Gosh really?

you'd think they might mention that.

8 hours ago, AutoWindscreens said:

Coming to a ground near you ...

16008164-large.jpg

They look sound.

shouldn't be any problems.

Archived