Forest's Greek Tragedy

David

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Farewell Fawaz you bought Derby fans years of laughter

C2kEEFbXEAAGuDp.jpg

Couldn't disagree more, he was fantastic for Forest, can't believe he's gone having got them so close to League 1

On 2017-5-18 at 16:48, David said:

One of the quotes from that fb page.....:lol:

"I'm from Greece and i can tell you first hand that that guy singlehandedly destroyed greek football with his pre-paid referees and fixed matches. welcome to hell Nottingham fans!

PS he also bought in the biggest shipment of heroin in European history."

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

One of the quotes from that fb page.....:lol:

"I'm from Greece and i can tell you first hand that that guy singlehandedly destroyed greek football with his pre-paid referees and fixed matches. welcome to hell Nottingham fans!

PS he also bought in the biggest shipment of heroin in European history."

Football Leagues "fit and proper test" working in full effect yet again. ????

What is the point of the FA tests etc when these sort of characters can just waltz in on a whim. 

The next big investor into the EFL Pablo Escobar to buy Ipswich Town next ??

Sith Happens
50 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Football Leagues "fit and proper test" working in full effect yet again. ????

What is the point of the FA tests etc when these sort of characters can just waltz in on a whim. 

The next big investor into the EFL Pablo Escobar to buy Ipswich Town next ??

I still don't get how someone under investigation for match fixing can pass the test.

He may not be charged, but surely until the investigation rules no wrong doing its negligent of the league to allow him to pass the test.

Will they force him to sell if he is charged and found guilty? 

For a club who were victims of match fixing themselves to allow this to happen is beyond belief. He should have been forced to wait until the investigations were over.

Just had a wander down the road and into the Forest Forum that's lost a loving feeling.

All they're talking about on the new owner thread is the speed that the beers get served at half time.

they seem happy with it all?

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I still don't get how someone under investigation for match fixing can pass the test.

He may not be charged, but surely until the investigation rules no wrong doing its negligent of the league to allow him to pass the test.

For a club who were victims of match fixing themselves to allow this to happen is beyond belief. He should have been forced to wait until the investigations were over.

Absolutely, whilst everyone is innocent till proven guilty.....

This take over shouldn't have been sanctioned until innocence was proven and not expected.

It really is carelessness on the FA's part.

Unless someone in the FA's Ivory Towers owns a bakery as was concerned it might blow up ??

3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

In a moment of sheer sadness I read the rule. Here's a link for fellow masochists.

http://www.efl.com/global/appendix3.aspx

Only convictions seem to count - in actual fact they are more stringent on potential conflicts of interest by outright failing anyone who has an interest in another league club - whether or not that individual has acted with the utmost propriety.

its a pretty poorly drafted rule as it doesn't allow any deferral of a decision to cover situations where adverse rulings may be pending.

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

In a moment of sheer sadness I read the rule. Here's a link for fellow masochists.

http://www.efl.com/global/appendix3.aspx

Only convictions seem to count - in actual fact they are more stringent on potential conflicts of interest by outright failing anyone who has an interest in another league club - whether or not that individual has acted with the utmost propriety.

its a pretty poorly drafted rule as it doesn't allow any deferral of a decision to cover situations where adverse rulings may be pending.

...let's face it in some people's eyes money talks whatever its source and regardless of whether it is blood stained.

4 hours ago, Boycie said:

Just had a wander down the road and into the Forest Forum that's lost a loving feeling.

All they're talking about on the new owner thread is the speed that the beers get served at half time.

they seem happy with it all?

To be fair it must be hard to go home and make love to your own sister sober. Therefore getting served quickly must be a priority. 

6 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Absolutely, whilst everyone is innocent till proven guilty.....

This take over shouldn't have been sanctioned until innocence was proven and not expected.

It really is carelessness on the FA's part.

Unless someone in the FA's Ivory Towers owns a bakery as was concerned it might blow up ??

5 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

He probably bribed the FA officials to sanction this. 

To be fair it is the EFL that make the decision.

The FA don't give a **** as it isn't the premier league and doesn't make them enough money.

It may well all blow up in their faces again, but from the outside his early moves suggest this guy actually knows what he's doing. I think a CEO is important for a football club. I'm a little concerned we don't have one at the moment especially with an Owner who has already displayed his abilities with an axe!!

Archived