Dominic Iorfa joined Ipswich

Animal is a Ram

26 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Well he's an England U21 international, which is more than Christie managed.

But he wasn't brilliant then either and iirc he made a mistake which lead to a goal then too. He's alright on Football Manager. That's about it.

He's a Republic of Ireland international, though? 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, needles said:

£4m signings would seem to be a bit unlikely to me.

Unfortunately it seems that sort of figure is what you pay these days for average championship players. Especially if we're expecting something around that figure for Christie.

I think the fact he hasn't performed well, but has big potential and is still at a young age, is why we should be looking at him for the right price. Had he had a storming season at RB and CB, we would be looking at a £8-10 mill player as he's young and English.

I'm not saying we should sign him, but this is the sort of signing we should be looking at - a good player who's value is lower than it should be and has potential to be either a key piece for years to come or has big sell on value

He's clearly not a bad player. He's 21 and has played over 100 career games including internationals so he's got to be alright, it's just that every time I've seen him play, he's been absolutely dreadful. I'm not exaggerating either, I'm sure I've posted in a couple of matchday threads over the past couple seasons about how poor he was. If we are interested I hope that I happened to see his few bad games, because his career stats so far suggest he's a much better play than I've seen.

He's 6ft4 - powerful, strong and athletic, so kind of similar to Wisdom. He can also play CB or RB so perhaps this is the alternative. Interesting that the same £4mil fee has been mentioned too.

For me it's the fee thing ! 4 million ? He has played enough games for those with the knowledge to know if he has the skill and potential .... yet here we are debating his quality and strengths ( that should be a done deal after 100 plus games to justify a £4M fee. ...... Joke !

It doesn't make sense to me ... Punts on young players (at our level) have to be lower by A factor of 10.

for 4 million in the championship there should be a certain level of guaranteed ability. .. We took a punt on Cyrus Christie because he was fast, strong, young and quite good with the ball at his feet. What was that .. 600k ? .. Sure we might double or treble our money but that doesn't even take us to the starting price of this "new" find who is by all accounts exactly the same thing but a bit taller. 

Maybe he is a good player .. I reall don t know .. But 4 million pounds ? 20% of our turnover for  the season ...purrrrlease !

I have no interest in the over priced "maybe he'll make it" type of player.

you either pay big money for the real thing or you spend small sums gambling on potential. All this buying of mediocrity at hyped fees is my biggest nark about this game of ours and a trap that so many teams have fallen in to.

• 1 month later...

Archived