Name and shame yourself

David

14 minutes ago, Duracell said:

I'd describe Hulse as par. Justified his fee - no more, no less.

When he and Commons were playing together, they could make an awful side look mediocre.

I still think you're doing him a huge disservice there.

18 goals (no penalties) in 08/09 in a side which only secured survival on the penultimate day. That's just one less than Howard who took pens as well! Twelve the year after in a stop-start season for him.

Thirteen wins and two draws from twenty with him and Commons starting up front together. They were immense and I'm still bitter we received just £1,000,000 for the pair!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stephen WarnockFree - too old

Matěj Vydra£8,000,000 - too much money   

Chris Weale - too old   

Ikechi Anya£3,500,000  too old / too much    

David NugenT - too old   

Kyle McAllister - who?

Andreas Weimann£2,750,000 - no, he won't fit in   

Chris Baird - too old   

Scott Carson - too old      

Alex PearceFree - ok as he is free     

Darren Bent - too old   

Jason Shackell£3,000,000  yes even though the fee is too high.    

Jacob Butterfield£5,000,000   Too expensive 

Bradley Johnson£6,000,000   Too old, too expensive   

Tom Ince£4,750,000   Too expensive    

Abdoul Camara£1,250,000 who?      

Nick Blackman£2,500,000  too expensive for a reserve   

Luke Thomas£100,000  who?

Mitchell, Alban bunjaku and  alefe santos - who?

Cyrus Christie - yes   

Iván CalerO - who?  

George Thorne£2,000,000 Yes

Tom Koblenz - who  

Ryan Shotton£500,000 - no 

Isak Ssewankambo - never heard of him

Stephen Warnock - too old   

Lewis Walker who?

Marcus Olsson -.too old 

Chris MartinFree - who?   

Lee GrantFree - no, we need better  

Craig Forsyth£150,000 - who? 

Johnny Russell Who?     

John Eustace too old

Simon Dawkins - who?      

Kelle Roos - who?

And so on......

Weird one but I thought James Wilson would be decent, but as soon as I saw him play I thought he was absolute dog. I likened him to Conor Sammon with hair.

But he was playing under Pearson (so I had a serious case of ChrisMartin-deficiency) and got injured pretty quickly. Never nice to see a player get injured, particularly a young English lad but I can't say I missed him.

Thought Paul McGrath was past it with his dodgy knees, turned out exactly what we needed. Always gave old uns a chance after that.

Esteban Fuertes was going to be Ronaldoesque in a few years and move from us for a record breaking transfer to Europe in a few years, I'll get my coat and passport

On my part, by far the biggest error of judgement has been Lee Croft, most capped English youth player ever. 

I surely expected more from him. He was simply unstoppable when I saw him playing for Norwich, just before we signed. I remembering thinking, "well done, Nigel, well done. Croft for free".

FFS. Turned out to be one season wonder, shame it was the year he caught my eye. :(

PistoldPete2

I was wrong about John eustace. I thought he was John useless but he wasn't.

i was wrong about Leighton James ...thought he was The last piece in the jigsaw for mAckays team, but actually the piece didn't fit. 

Paul Kitson - when we signed him, I was overjoyed as we'd signed a "future England striker" (my opinion).

Turns out he was a knob of the highest order, who thought he'd made it before he had.  If only he put some effort in...

Really didn't like Gabbiadini - he was a fat lump with no discernible skill. (Still hold that view, although many don't).

Errrrrrrrrmmm....no can't remember ever being wrong about a player. :mellow:

Then again I remember Jamie Ward flicking it through to the Sammon, who shinned it on, before galloping wildly at the chasm that the Watford defence had become. He bore down on the keeper, arms and legs all pumping like pistons, before adroitly smashing it off his ankle bone into the net. "2-0"! " Bingo Nigel!" "A steal at £1M plus add-ons" we shouted as Conor cupped his hands into a heart shape. ?

Name a manager here...... Jim Smith.....

Thought eh? When he was appointed..... but pulled absolute master strokes in the market in that first season or two (Simon Webster and David Preece aside).

Boy I was gladly wrong there. An average Derby side went to another level with him. 

Archived