Aaron Mooy

BuckoBeast

13 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I would prefer Danny Williams who had such a great battle with Mooy. 

I prefer that little blond player from Derby who run circles around Mooy last time they met.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I prefer that little blond player from Derby who run circles around Mooy last time they met.

Me too, but does Rowett? 

I think he likes battlers and whilst Will is no shirker, his main skill is ball retention.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Me too, but does Rowett? 

I think he likes battlers and whilst Will is no shirker, his main skill is ball retention.

Whoscored says he had a higher tackles per game than anyone in the squad other than Lowe...

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Me too, but does Rowett? 

Will is more than 'no shirker' he's turning into a combatative, skilful midfielder. Surely Rowett isn't going to ditch every skilful player in the squad for 'battlers'?

If he ditches Will rather than build around him, he's made a massive mistake. 

Under any other circumstance than a massive bid from the Prem, which would seem unlikely as he's just had his worst season, he should be first name down in August.

Mooy's a good player, but there's no way he'll be here next season.

43 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Will is more than 'no shirker' he's turning into a combatative, skilful midfielder. Surely Rowett isn't going to ditch every skilful player in the squad for 'battlers'?

I take this view.

Will battles hard,he tends to get overlooked a bit because he is a bit lightweight.

Surely we need some footballers as well as 'units'.

He battles hard and the stats say he wins a lot of tackles. That's fair enough but he will always be outmuscled by anyone with a bit of physical presence.I get the impression Rowett wants all action types to support both attack and defence.

That's just my opinion and don't get me wrong I love watching the guy. He's the only player we have who doesn't panic when surrounded.

38 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

I take this view.

Will battles hard,he tends to get overlooked a bit because he is a bit lightweight.

Surely we need some footballers as well as 'units'.

Good point.

Horse power aligned with talent has always been a winning formula.

Times past it was a ball winner and ball player in the middle of the park.

Nowadays it seems to be more complicated for no apparent reason. 

17 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

Good point.

Horse power aligned with talent has always been a winning formula.

Times past it was a ball winner and ball player in the middle of the park.

Nowadays it seems to be more complicated for no apparent reason. 

Just curious, what would you class Thorne as then? And Butterfield also? 

Thorne's tackles are as tough as any, and Butterfield runs for miles. But both would fit the 'ball player' bill too 

17 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Thorne's tackles are as tough as any, and Butterfield runs for miles. But both would fit the 'ball player' bill too 

Thorne is the complete package really.

Butters is definitely a hard working ball player and more of a goal threat than Will.

He will benefit massively from a fit Thorne or a big physical ball winning CM.

16 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Thorne, Hughes and Johnson. Ball retention, battlers, legs. Seems like my best middle 3 if we play 433

With you.

Think the best combination is Hughes or Bryson, with Johnson or Butterfield and a fit Thorne. Sure Johnson can play the CDM if Thorne is injured, he's just not the same complete package an on form, fully fit Thorne offers.

In truth, I like all 5 and hope they are all here next season if we go 4-3-3. If Rowett opts for another formation, I think one will depart at some point.

Forgot to add, not fussed about Mooy.

2 minutes ago, sage said:

No pace there. It is something we lack in midfield. 

Bored of hearing about pace. How about the 3 in front have the pace. The ball moves a lot quicker than any player does.

vydra, Camara, weimann, they've all got pace, didn't get us very far

28 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Bored of hearing about pace. How about the 3 in front have the pace. The ball moves a lot quicker than any player does.

vydra, Camara, weimann, they've all got pace, didn't get us very far

They don't play CM. 

It depends how you want to play but if you want to counter attack then having a CM with pace is handy. Good for pressing too.

Obviously its not all about pace but we have struggled with opposition CM running beyond our CM and we don't pick up enough loose balls in midfield. 

All about balance. I wouldn't want Johnson in the team if Thorne is playing. 

4 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Mate a fit healthy and in form George Thorne for me personally is the best player in our league. 

Not only does he tackle hard but he can get around the pitch and really control a game of football.

I was working abroad for the play off final against QPR and hadn't seen much of him prior to that game.

He absolutely dominated Joey Barton and bossed the game completely.

Thorne is that kind of player who can make a side tick. 

Fingers crossed he's past all his horrendous injury troubles now.

That's the only worry 

Archived