Aaron Mooy

BuckoBeast

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

Hughesy bossed him when we played at PP.

I think people are taking too much notice of this game.

After they lost to Forests away they made a conscious decision to try and soak up pressure and play on the break. Hughes would have done as well as Mooy if he were on the other side and vice versa.

20 hours ago, cannable said:

I think people are taking too much notice of this game.

After they lost to Forests away they made a conscious decision to try and soak up pressure and play on the break. Hughes would have done as well as Mooy if he were on the other side and vice versa.

Fair point.I was twisting the facts totally to big Hughesy up.

20 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Fair point.I was twisting the facts totally to big Hughesy up.

I'd quite like to see Hughes in the Mooy role to be honest. It's a bit of a combination between the role that Clough and McClaren gave him.

Popping up to collect the ball from defence, feeding the attacking three and then popping up in the channels (unlike McClaren who had him restricted to the inside right) and keeping things ticking whilst looking to thread balls through. 

Good player,  but judging by his agents comments he wont be playing in the championship next season. 

£10m seems alot, but i guess it's just a reflection of the market. 

Id be impressed if we were after Phillip Billing from Huddersfield's midfield, not for £10m though 

40 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

Good player,  but judging by his agents comments he wont be playing in the championship next season. 

£10m seems alot, but i guess it's just a reflection of the market. 

Id be impressed if we were after Phillip Billing from Huddersfield's midfield, not for £10m though 

They were raving about Billing last year and then dropped off this. I'd have him in a heartbeat!

On 5/17/2017 at 19:47, Anon said:

Mooy's a very good player. I had no idea he was contracted to City though. What the hell were they thinking signing a 25 year old from the A league?

He was a Melbourne City player in Australia (their vassal essentially). They do it with plenty of players. Mooy is probably Australia's best player at the moment. Would love to see him at Derby, doubt it though.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Huddersfield wants to sign him (£8m?) 

Seems like a no-brainer for him to go there. Already fits their squad, knows he'll get to play and Premier League football, likely on bigger wages.

Very difficult to see this lad coming here.

Surely Wagner will want to keep him if he's an essential part of their squad.

Unless Huddersfield have a rigid pay structure in place that they wish to keep in case they get relegated and we offer him more but that does seem unlikely. 

Even if that is the case if teams like Newcastle and/or Palace are sniffing we are going to struggle to compete with the lure of Top Flight football.

Looks to be a talented lad but hard to see him getting into the City match day side.

10 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I would prefer Danny Williams who had such a great battle with Mooy. 

He was excellent on Monday and I think PL bound for him. 

Archived