Alan Nixon summer 2017

RiddingsRam

3 hours ago, Rample said:

Certain managers just aren't good at signing players for certain areas. I remember when Jewell came in thinking we would never sign a decent striker under his tenure because he had no idea about them at all.

Not sure that's accurate. He had Ellington and Roberts scoring for fun at Wigan.

Signed Commons, Hulse and Davies for Derby, 2 of which were leading scorers at least once for us. 

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Nathan Ellington, Liam Dickinson, Chris McGuire, Conor Doyle, James Vaughan, Luke Varney, DJ Campbell, Chris Porter, Rob Earnshaw. 

I was bored at work now I'm depressed and bored. 

Harsh on DJ and Porter.

Loved DJ's goal against the baggies in the 2-2, just for the fact that their gappy toothed t**** of a w****** homless looking, captain haddock wannabe goalkeeper did a somer sault in front of the bench when they went 2-1 up. Wonder what happened to that keeper :ph34r::whistle:

1 hour ago, Alex W said:

Very harsh on Porter, his hip injury did him in and he still pulled goals out of nothing,

Ellington is marked because of the fee paid, he wasn't awful, he certainly wasn't great either though. Vaughan we didn't see due to injury and DJ was alright from what I can recall. I wanted his loan extending at the time.

Vaughan had 2 games. He missed an open goal, what made it worse is he took it off Hulse's toe stretching for it and ballooned it over, and I believe that is what caused his injury. 

50 minutes ago, Moist One said:

Not sure that's accurate. He had Ellington and Roberts scoring for fun at Wigan.

Signed Commons, Hulse and Davies for Derby, 2 of which were leading scorers at least once for us. 

All 3 finished top scorers in a season for us. Hulse 08/09 & 09/10 Commons 10/11 Davies 11/12

1 hour ago, rynny said:

Vaughan had 2 games. He missed an open goal, what made it worse is he took it off Hulse's toe stretching for it and ballooned it over, and I believe that is what caused his injury. 

I knew that he had two, relative terms of 'not seeing him'.

8 hours ago, Srg said:

Miller right at the top of the tree alongside Savage for most hated players in our history.

Oi. 

There you go hating players. Thin end of the wedge. You should be behaving now.

tush.

cc @david - i did my best.

4 hours ago, Moist One said:

He sold both of Ellington and Roberts and replaced them with pap. Just saying personally when he was announced I didn't think he could pick strikers.

Agreed Hulse turned out okay, though technically neither Commons or Davies were strikers when signed.

Archived