Alan Nixon summer 2017

RiddingsRam

21 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I thought the wolves midfield utterly controlled the whole game with not even one tackle made on them, our forwards were not involved which I believe was down to our depth in the midfield 

Spot on I could say we were chasing shadows but you have to chase first

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Harrowram said:

Bidding is pointless if the club don't want to sell and the player doesn't want to come. Rowett can bid for Neymar if he wants but he isn't going to come. Perhaps it might have been worth working out which players were available. Fulham sold their two best players Dembele and McCormick, replaced them, played good football and had a good season. They had a plan. Derby don't appear to have a plan other than to keep fingers crossed that something positive will transpire by the end of August.

Your Fulham evidence has been debunked by iRam.

"Working out which players were available" is silly. They're all available if you pay enough. Barcelona seem to think Coutinho is available, Liverpool think otherwise. Amateurish from Barca? Or just that deals are hard to do for good players?

Your original complaint was that we'd only bid for one player. You're obviously making that up, and denying the words of GR who has said that we're actively pursuing a number of players. He's also explained that in his opinion it's sensible to maintain the pursuit of the top targets while there is still hope rather than settle for the second or third on the list, as there will still be 40+ games to play by the end of the window. This seems reasonable to me.

We're all upset by the Wolves game. We were decidedly second best. That doesn't excuse wild bullshitting and flapping about whinging about things you can't possibly have knowledge of.

GR is saddled with a bloated squad of overpaid and over paid-for players, most of whom are limited in some way and who've been put together piecemeal by 5 managers with no overarching plan of how they are to play. Obviously they can be made to look second best when up against a top team at this level, but they can also win matches, and they will.

35 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Dicko, hmm well at least he has scored 4 in 40 and he is no longer resident in the treatment room

He was injured for quite alot of last season, however I thought he looked really dangerous for Wolves at Pride Park last season. Given the opportunity to play centre forward i could see him doing well for us.  Rowett said he wanted pace and power, Dicko has plenty.  He's also now 3rd choice at Wolves where he has scored 1 in 3 in relatively poor teams as well.

He has bags of experience and in my opinion would improve us.

5 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

He was injured for quite alot of last season, however I thought he looked really dangerous for Wolves at Pride Park last season. Given the opportunity to play centre forward i could see him doing well for us.  Rowett said he wanted pace and power, Dicko has plenty.  He's also now 3rd choice at Wolves where he has scored 1 in 3 in relatively poor teams as well.

But what service would he get?

5 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

Fair enough, currently I think we need to get our midfield working like a midfield should and we will improve a lot up front.

2 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

It's a good point, Lawrence and Kent at this point would be amazing signings.

Then we just need to fix the central midfield.

...and then the rest.

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Fair enough, currently I think we need to get our midfield working like a midfield should and we will improve a lot up front.

I agree with this no end. We need the right balance to compliment Huddlestone. Johnson OR Butterfield might work IF they played as a second screen in a 4231. I also believe Butterfield could play in an advanced central midfield role, not an outright 10 more and 8 giving us extra depth through the middle.  

At the moment the 433 doesn't suit either Johnson or Butterfield as Huddlestone holds the central position.

Without a better balance and tougher spine we will be too easy to beat.

2 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

I agree with this no end. We need the right balance to compliment Huddlestone. Johnson OR Butterfield might work IF they played as a second screen in a 4231. I also believe Butterfield could play in an advanced central midfield role, not an outright 10 more and 8 giving us extra depth through the middle.  

At the moment the 433 doesn't suit either Johnson or Butterfield as Huddlestone holds the central position.

Totally agree, it's either Butterfield or Johnson- actually Johnson could do well behind Martin because he could do what he is best at - heading and shooting and bursting into the box with little turning around or having to mark anyone 

Just now, Sparkle said:

Totally agree, it's either Butterfield or Johnson- actually Johnson could do well behind Martin because he could do what he is best at - heading and shooting and bursting into the box with little turning around or having to mark anyone 

As long as the right person is in behind them this would work in my opinion.

19 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

Spot on. I'm amazed we've gone back to 433.

10 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

We do need another striker with Bent out injured, Vydra looks more likely to play the no.10 role leaving Nugent and Martin

Ahhh, at least I'm not the only one. Really think we need a striker with some pace. Might not be the number one priority, but doesn't mean we shouldn't be looking.

6 minutes ago, hughesy 1984 said:

Need more pace throughout the team, we looked really slow in all areas against wolves yesterday

We did, it is truly hard to judge on the wolves game as their midfield was a class above ours, which in turn annoys me that we didn't try to put any of them on their backsides or swamp them with bodies

14 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We did, it is truly hard to judge on the wolves game as their midfield was a class above ours, which in turn annoys me that we didn't try to put any of them on their backsides or swamp them with bodies

But you have to ask why Wolves were better than us after the way we beat them last season? No excuse for Rowett as he has had far more time to execute his style than Nuno has at Wolves.

Archived