Kevin Stewart - Signed for Hull

Carnero

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-transfer-talk-liverpool-midfielder-linked-with-rams/story-30324699-detail/story.html

Derby County have been linked with a move for Liverpool midfielder Kevin Stewart.

The 23-year-old is set to leave Anfield this summer and a number of clubs are interested in his services, including the Rams, according to Sky Sports.

Premier League trio Stoke City, Burnley and Brighton are reported to be keen on signing Stewart either on loan or on a permanent basis, with Championship clubs Derby, Norwich City and Aston Villa also said to be monitoring the situation.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

More than likely agent talk to drum up interest.

Been out on loan a few times in the lower leagues, including Burton a couple years ago. I'm not sure another midfielder is a priority right now though.

Really?

I'd say we probably need at least two and get rid of two. We have surrendered the midfield in a large number of games this season and there is no cohesion.

There's no guarantee Thorne will stay fit or that Hughes will stay. Bryson and Butterfield have played only in fits and starts and Johnson is being touted as an attacking option.

We need new energy and a 23 year old with a point to prove could fit the bill.

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Really?

I'd say we probably need at least two and get rid of two. We have surrendered the midfield in a large number of games this season and there is no cohesion.

There's no guarantee Thorne will stay fit or that Hughes will stay. Bryson and Butterfield have played only in fits and starts and Johnson is being touted as an attacking option.

We need new energy and a 23 year old with a point to prove could fit the bill.

That's correct GR has said a few times that he is a far better player in a more advanced role. 

1 hour ago, Heisenberg said:

More than likely agent talk to drum up interest.

Been out on loan a few times in the lower leagues, including Burton a couple years ago. I'm not sure another midfielder is a priority right now though.

If we play a midfield 3 for any length of time we have Thorne (maybe), Johnson, Hughes, Bryson and Butters - Maybe Hanson too?

If we're looking for a squad size of 22-24 then we're probably talking 2 per position so we're potentially a player light on the above midfield PLUS

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

We have surrendered the midfield in a large number of games this season and there is no cohesion.

This

I know they play different positions, but for me Andre Wisdom is perhaps more developed in terms of having had a good season at championship level, and played a few premier league games - he's being touted at 4-5million. Stewart can't be worth any more than 2/3 million at the very most surely

Archived