Frederico Venancio

Nuwtfly

Championship trio Leeds United, Derby County and Reading are watching Vitoria Setubal captain Frederico Venancio. 

All three clubs could be in the market for a new centre-back this summer, Kyle Bartley's Leeds loan deal expiring and Derby credited with an interest in Bristol City's Aden Flint at the weekend.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/05/08/report-leeds-united-and-derby-county-among-championship-trio-wat/?utm_medium=share service&utm_campaign=social media&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=HITCdeadlineday

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Rowett is keen on scouting Europe after the bargains he found at Brum so it makes sense.

That's his summer holidays paid for then! Can I have some of that please, cost me an arm and a leg to pay for my summer holiday this year!!

I'm always in two minds about signing players from abroad at this level.

On the one hand, they're cheaper and often better technically, particularly defenders.

On the other hand, there's a lot more risk à la Albentosa. Sometimes you can't beat a tried-and-tested Championship defender like Tom Clarke or Mark Roberts.

Interesting.

This guy has  turned down Olympiakos and Lokomotiv Moscow lately. Latter is renowned for their scouting and Olympiakos plays Europe/Champions League games every season.

Just rises the question how in the hell we could get him? Hopefully he is just greedy barsteward :ph34r:

12 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Don't usually look at these - but there's loads of stuff in it. 

Couple of highlights. ..

- He's not massively tall. 1.86m is about 6ft 1 at most

- vitoria setubal have a pretty poor recent record w1 d2 l7

- he's steady at just under 7 (out of 10). Was mom against Porto. 

- agree with the poster who said he looks more like a keogh with more blocks per game than anything else. 

Would be risky imo,  but presumably price would drive this. Less downside risk than aiden flint. 

Archived