Derby County 17/18 Season - Discussion Thread

RamsPolls

5 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

The only team who could realistically walk this league next year is Villa. But they have to turn up for that. Last year was nothing short of pathetic for them. So god knows what they'll be like this year. 

Villa based on what exactly?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Villa based on what exactly?

Their squad and manager. They still have a premier league quality squad. They just haven't performed or turned up at all previously. If Bruce can get them firing then they will walk this league. 

16 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Their squad and manager. They still have a premier league quality squad. They just haven't performed or turned up at all previously. If Bruce can get them firing then they will walk this league. 

No chance! Spent a stack of cash on average players - similar to what we have done over the last couple of seasons. I'd take Elphick but that's about it.

3 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

No chance! Spent a stack of cash on average players - similar to what we have done over the last couple of seasons. I'd take Elphick but that's about it.

Have to disagree mate. They've got by far the best squad in this division this year. Players like Hogan, Kodjja, Elphick, Chester & Adomah could get into any lower prem side. They are top quality that have under performed last year. Expect them to much better this year. 

1 hour ago, RamsPolls said:

http://www.futhead.com/17/squads/6508364/

Would love for our team to look like this next year...

Flint and Forrestieri ??

Doesn't really have the pace and energy I'd expect us to be looking to add under Rowett either. Ince and Forriestieri aren't slow but they're not really burning anyone on the wings are they? Need at least one winger who can leave someone coughing up dust on the counter.

Just now, Leicester Ram said:

Flint and Forrestieri ??

Doesn't really have the pace and energy I'd expect us to be looking to add under Rowett either. Ince and Forriestieri aren't slow but they're not really burning anyone on the wings are they? Need at least one winger who can leave someone coughing up dust on the counter.

I know what you're saying. I have thought about that, Rowett wants his wingers to be as good at attacking as defending. He wants them up and down that wing for a solid 90 minutes. FF wouldn't offer that on second thought lol. 

With Kevin Phillips looking like he's going to be returning to Sunderland, Not that we're that bothered, Who would you bring in, in his place? 

If anyone at all for that matter. Not sure if Rowett hired another attacking coach when he came in. 

17 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

I'd 100% take Elphick btw. 

Same here I actually would take him here and start over Pearce all day long for sure. 

5 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

With Kevin Phillips looking like he's going to be returning to Sunderland, Not that we're that bothered, Who would you bring in, in his place? 

If anyone at all for that matter. Not sure if Rowett hired another attacking coach when he came in. 

Without knowing the role Phillips has at the club

Without knowing how important that role is

Without knowing if it's a role that we have sufficient cover in

Without knowing if Phillips even is leaving

Without knowing which other coaches are out there, available, interested and able to do his role just as good, if not better and Rowett wants him

I say either Stimac, Eranio or see if Gabbiadini fancies a change from the hotel scene.

Also whats Daryl Powell doing these days?

35 minutes ago, David said:

Without knowing the role Phillips has at the club

Without knowing how important that role is

Without knowing if it's a role that we have sufficient cover in

Without knowing if Phillips even is leaving

Without knowing which other coaches are out there, available, interested and able to do his role just as good, if not better and Rowett wants him

I say either Stimac, Eranio or see if Gabbiadini fancies a change from the hotel scene.

Also whats Daryl Powell doing these days?

I'd love Stimac back. Is Eranio coaching now?

No idea what to expect.

it feels like we have lost our way a bit.

we talk about becoming a sustainable top 10 prem club, playing sexy football, whilst promoting players from the academy. There's three potentially incompatible targets straight off.

then evolution AND rebuild; signing hungry athletic players whilst working within a budget.

If we are to go up we need to score an extra 30 goals and yet the market seems to be short of obvious targets.

i hope avoid the over 30s and the loanees yet i think that that is exactly what we will chase after.

Waiting.......hoping to be surprised.

On 2017-5-25 at 10:27, David said:

Out of interest why?

Not the 90's anymore, he wouldn't be playing

Just to have another fan favourite around the club mate. Not even sure how well he's doing as a manager to be honest but we all loved having Simpson back in 13/14. 

Archived