Derby County 17/18 Season - Discussion Thread

RamsPolls

Without significant, and I mean significant changes in the transfer window I'm not remotely optimistic. In terms of footballing ability the team probably ain't that far off, but in terms of attitude and mentality we may as well be in the conference. Until this team is pulled apart we will continue to fail due to lack of consistency and basic mistakes.

A full rebuild with some quality players coming in and I'll be a lot more hopeful, I trust Rowett in this window but this is his big chance imo- freedom to do what he likes with outs and ins, gotta get it right or it's gonna be an early exit for him too. No more bottling it in the market, we need double figures out and in in terms of numbers imo

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8 May 2017 at 10:24, RamsPolls said:

Will be interesting to see who comes up from League One through the play offs... 

I would have loved a club like Fleetwood or Ssausagehorpe in the championship but wasn't to be. Really really don't want Millwall to come up. Bradford would be a decent club to come up, Can't remember the last time they were in this league? 

Good away day :D

Tbh I can't think of 4 worse places to go. Only saving grace is that fleetwood is near Blackpool, and if we're talking of Blackpool as a saving grace we're in bother. 

• 2 weeks later...

I really do think that the squad doesn't need a massive overhaul.and the returning  players in thorne,Eustace and Martin may make all the difference we need to succeed....plus one or two additions.

We mainly need confidence and a cohesiveness in the squad and I'm hoping rowett will bring that in.

The only concern for me is that GR seems to be a very cautious methodical manager and we may not see as much spark about the team next year.....we may be better at grinding out difficult wins though.

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I really do think that the squad doesn't need a massive overhaul.and the returning  players in thorne,Eustace and Martin may make all the difference we need to succeed....plus one or two additions.

Eustace?? :whistle: 

5 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Isn't he managing some obscure team at the mo?

Of course we have practically guaranteed he actually will be the next manager once the axe inevitably falls.?

Yeah! I think he's doing fairly well at Kidderminster!

3 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

We mainly need confidence and a cohesiveness in the squad and I'm hoping rowett will bring that in.

The only concern for me is that GR seems to be a very cautious methodical manager and we may not see as much spark about the team next year.....we may be better at grinding out difficult wins though.

I like this news,Eustace is back?

We will be in the top 2.

I do wonder how our summer is going to go. I honestly can't imagine many of our players being subject to interest of other clubs. Well, the likes that we want to leave anyway. We need to ship out some seriously dead wood this summer. 

On 5/8/2017 at 15:41, Millenniumram said:

Without significant, and I mean significant changes in the transfer window I'm not remotely optimistic. In terms of footballing ability the team probably ain't that far off, but in terms of attitude and mentality we may as well be in the conference. Until this team is pulled apart we will continue to fail due to lack of consistency and basic mistakes.

A full rebuild with some quality players coming in and I'll be a lot more hopeful, I trust Rowett in this window but this is his big chance imo- freedom to do what he likes with outs and ins, gotta get it right or it's gonna be an early exit for him too. No more bottling it in the market, we need double figures out and in in terms of numbers imo

We've essentially had a total re-build since Wembley and we're significantly worse.

The mentality thing is a non-issue, we've got promotion winning ex-captains in abundance and we're still worse.

If anything, the mentality thing is just a way of having a pop at Keogh's leadership. 

5 minutes ago, cannable said:

If anything, the mentality thing is just a way of having a pop at Keogh's leadership. 

Leadership? I don't think Keogh could lead a dog on a walk. He has no leadership at all. I'm not saying he's the sole reason we have got worse since Wembley. But it's no coincidence that we haven't improved since he has been captain. 

Archived