Nicky Hunt - Bolton

vicky-27

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Reports breaking in the national media suggest Hull City are in line to make a raid on Phil Brown's former club Bolton Wanderers in the summer. If speculation is correct, then Bolton Wanderers full back Nicky Hunt could be the man in the frame for a switch to the Circle after finding himself out on loan at Championship side Derby County this term.

Anyone bothered ? Anyone impressed with him ?

We do need a right back or two with Connolly more than likely leaving in the summer, problem is his wages. I wouldn't of thought he'd of been on top whack at Bolton although he'l still on a decent wage which maybe out of our budget.

Didn't Clough say he would try and get him on a season long loan in the summer if Coyle would allow him to?

With Hull looking doomed to relegation, they may have to sell before they even think of buying. Pearson has already said they did to slash the wage bill.

We do need a right back or two with Connolly more than likely leaving in the summer, problem is his wages. I wouldn't of thought he'd of been on top whack at Bolton although he'l still on a decent wage which maybe out of our budget.

Didn't Clough say he would try and get him on a season long loan in the summer if Coyle would allow him to?

With Hull looking doomed to relegation, they may have to sell before they even think of buying. Pearson has already said they did to slash the wage bill.

my mate is a hull fan and they have to sell before they can bring people in, there only problem is no one wants there plyers

I think they will struggle when they come down as they have a few big earners that they'l have trouble moving on. Jimmy Bullard for one, you can't have a crock on big wages in the Championship. I would of thought Giovanni, Boatang, Vennegoor of Hesselink are all on a pretty hefty wage.

• 2 months later...

Derby County are expected to decline the opportunity to sign Bolton Wanderers full-back Nicky Hunt.

The Bolton News claims it is unlikely that Rams boss Nigel Clough will make the loan move permanent.

It is understood that the stumbling block to the move is Hunt’s Premier League wages.

Clough is instead believed to be pursuing Crewe Alexandra full-back John Brayford, a player he worked with when manager of Burton Albion.

http://www.clicklancashire.com/sport/bolton-wanderers-fc/126721-derby-county-set-to-reject-bolton-wanderers-defender-nicky-hunt.html

I think they will struggle when they come down as they have a few big earners that they'l have trouble moving on. Jimmy Bullard for one, you can't have a crock on big wages in the Championship. I would of thought Giovanni, Boatang, Vennegoor of Hesselink are all on a pretty hefty wage.

you can't have a crock on big wages in the Championship.

youve changed your tune about conmans then?

Yawwwwwwwn, here we go again.

Do you know how much Commons is on a week Trig? We signed him on a free from ***** League 1 club, the players I was talking about have been playing in the Premiership or big European clubs, I hardly think he'l be on the same wages.

And Jimmy '49 League starts in 5 season' Bullard is what I would class a crock.

Archived