EFL live streams for non televised games (outside UK)

Day

No surprise we're not involved as Mel's made clear he wants to go it alone on the rights. Though perhaps with Leeds & Villa also staying out, we're negotiating a separate deal with some bigger-name clubs. I used to work for a company that was dominant in its field and developed a digital platform for which it sold access to smaller players who couldn't afford their own development, and we might try something like that.

It's a risk for the football league because once streams are out there, there are people in this country who will find them.

I'm looking forward to whatever Mel comes up with as I should think it will be impressive. The tech world is his arena.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see the problem with clubs streaming games through things like Rams Player. For me it should be up to the club who allow users to sign up monthly/yearly and a certain percentage is paid to the football league for the rights. If a club feels it won't effect attendances and increases revenue for both the club and the league what is the harm?

We've proven with television games we still get good attendances there's nothing that compares to watching a game live in the ground, but it would be good to have the option of watching games through apps etc especially ones that sell out.

Just now, GeneralRam said:

As I'm in the middle of moving to the States I saw this and got very happy.

Then seen Derby have opted out. That's a ******* joke.

Mel you are a ******* Muppet you clown. I ain't giving you another penny. Not like I would anyway :lol:

went through the same emotions but I think there will be something for DCFC, hopefully as reliable and not more costly than the EFL version

2 minutes ago, Spanish said:

went through the same emotions but I think there will be something for DCFC, hopefully as reliable and not more costly than the EFL version

Why would we create our own streaming platform at a much higher cost?

Every decision that muppet makes seems to really piss me off.

Guess I could follow Burton instead.

2 minutes ago, GeneralRam said:

best to wait and see before having a rant, could be better

Just reading the original post, as a lifelong derby fan since I was 7, now living in the Czech Republic this is amazing news!! I will certainly be signing up! (Or streaming :ph34r:) (but if it's good quality and a nice non lagging performance, I may just go legit :D:D)

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

No surprise we're not involved as Mel's made clear he wants to go it alone on the rights. Though perhaps with Leeds & Villa also staying out, we're negotiating a separate deal with some bigger-name clubs. I used to work for a company that was dominant in its field and developed a digital platform for which it sold access to smaller players who couldn't afford their own development, and we might try something like that.

It's a risk for the football league because once streams are out there, there are people in this country who will find them.

I'm looking forward to whatever Mel comes up with as I should think it will be impressive. The tech world is his arena.

We're not??? :angry:

Sith Happens
5 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

What will happen when an Ifollow club play a non ifollow club?

I thought that, but i bet both clubs have to be signed up.

8 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

What will happen when an Ifollow club play a non ifollow club?

It will be like live spot-the-ball, you'll just have to guess where the opposition are.

Unless it's like PES, so you'll watch Derby vs West London City?

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, GeneralRam said:

As I'm in the middle of moving to the States I saw this and got very happy.

Then seen Derby have opted out. That's a ******* joke.

Mel you are a ******* Muppet you clown. I ain't giving you another penny.

I bet hes worried now he isnt going to get his cut of the £110.00 it costs a year to subscribe that you wont now pay.

Seriously wait and see if and what else happens, Mel will have made his decision based on the best interest of the club not the odd one or two fans who live abroad who want to watch the games.

If he can make more money for Derby by having only a handful of games televised then thats what he will do.

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

It will be like live spot-the-ball, you'll just have to guess where the opposition are.

Unless it's like PES, so you'll watch Derby vs West London City?

isnt that what opposition fans have had to do when playing forest all season?

2 hours ago, GeneralRam said:

Morris is probably hoping his platform will be better than ifollows and can sell it to other clubs in future years.

If Mel comes up with a quality subscription service I for one as a Dorset based fan will definitely be signing up, but I hope that some kind of refund could be factored in for live match attendance at pride park, because I would still want to make the journey as and when I could afford it.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Presume this refers to home games only?

What about when teams play away?

Currently you can log onto other teams player site and log on using your Derby user name and password, so I would assume you would be able to do that with the new set up.

9 hours ago, rynny said:

Currently you can log onto other teams player site and log on using your Derby user name and password, so I would assume you would be able to do that with the new set up.

Unless we go it alone?

Either way I live in Derby so makes no odds to me but would be annoyed if I couldn't watch all games.

Archived