Adam Smith (GK)

Nuwtfly

Sheffield United are in a three way tussle with Derby and Nottingham Forest, for Northampton Town Keeper Adam Smith.

The 24-year-old stopper confirmed he will be leaving Sixfields, is available on a free transfer, looking to make the step up from after a successful season in League One.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3471813/sheffield-united-to-battle-with-nottingham-forest-and-derby-for-northampton-keeper-adam-smith/

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd expect he'd choose Sheff Utd too. Firstly for the Wilder link that DEL mentioned and secondly because he's likely to start pretty much every Championship game next season.

Derby he would probably be paid more but spend his season on a bench, and why would he want to go to Forest to play in League One with a Championship offer on the table?

I've been out round Chesterfield a few times with this geezer, he used to be pals with my cousin who was at Leicester with him, Craig King now of Salford City. 

I haven't seen anything of him since mind, he used to be decent for the under 21's. Looks like he's had a good few years at Northampton. DEL's probably right, ex manager there and what sort of opportunities is he realistically going to get here?

Money talks though. 

2 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Pray tell?

Him, Pearsons son and another player had a orgy with thai prostitutes whilst racially abusing them on a video they shared with mates in the UK.

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Sheffield United are in a three way tussle with Derby and Nottingham Forest, for Northampton Town Keeper Adam Smith.

The 24-year-old stopper confirmed he will be leaving Sixfields, is available on a free transfer, looking to make the step up from after a successful season in League One.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3471813/sheffield-united-to-battle-with-nottingham-forest-and-derby-for-northampton-keeper-adam-smith/

Hopefully after this weekend only us and the Blades will be able to offer a higher level to play in.

14 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Pray tell?

But for Adam Smith, their goalkeeper, it also represents the latest, most public step on a long path towards redemption. The spotlights are always bright when Manchester United are in town, but they will shine harshest on Smith as he faces the most intense scrutiny since he was sacked by Leicester City a year ago.

Smith was one of three players to have their contracts terminated by Leicester after being filmed in an orgy in which a Thai woman was racially abused on a club tour last summer. ....

yes a vile human being 

3 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I wasn't aware it was he involved in that video, and haven't really paid much attention to the story.

to be honest  me neither  ...   had to google  to find out what he had done 

If you don't want Chris Martin at the club because he moans when he doesn't get the ball or Tom Ince because he doesn't smile enough, then I can't see how you'd justify taking him.

Also, imagine being thick enough to record your racist Thai orgy. Keep it yourselves as a special memory between friends, surely.

Archived