Signed: Andre Wisdom 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still a young player with a lot to prove. Would be an improvement both on Christie and Baird as well giving us a lot more physicality to the back 4.

There is a difference between Liverpool wanting 4m and getting it, id think we could get him for 2.5-3m plus addons, we could probably get 1.5-2m of that back for Christie.

11 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I really liked Wisdom when he was with us previously but it's a bit alarming he's not pushed on, 40 odd games in the last three years is shocking for someone his age. He needs to be playing and clearly hasn't for one reason or another. 

Do we have a fascination with that 13/14 team that blinds us a little? 

Yes I think we do, well some fans do certainly I think that's the only reason some players are still here 

Under £2m yes, over no.

Martin Kelly went to Palace for £2m, same age, same "potential" they talked about.

Whilst transfer fees have increased, fair to say Wisdom hasn't put £2m on his fee.

2 years left on his contract.

A lot of 2's in this post, maybe that's a sign, £2m, let's not pay tooooo much.

Wisdom is the exact type of defender we need to be looking at. Young and has a point to prove (has so far failed to make the grade in the Premier League).

Derby have conceded almost a third of all their goals from set pieces this season and that is in part down to the lack of physicality at the back. Wisdom would help this.

The team is likely to be more compact and robust next season and will be moving away from the free flowing football that most still fawn over from the 13/14 season, in that respect Wisdom fits the bill because his strenghts lie in his defensive abilities rather than the attacking side of the game.

£4 million seems a bit high but the liklihood is that part of the fee will be paid upon promotion and various other clauses. You'd expect his wage to be relatively high too.

Christie's as good as gone as he can leave on a free in the summer and Rowett's not picked him so there's no reason for him to stay. Personally I'm sad as I rate him highly. As a young international fullback I do think that's an example of terrible mismanagement by the club.

Wisdom's best spell in football was with us a few years ago. Then he was a young player, but is now one that hasn't progressed. I don't believe he's any better than Christie, who is fast, strong and skillful. Wisdom was never as mobile. The supposed fee for Wisdom who Liverpool are effectively trying to get someone to take off their hands is laughable. He's clearly never going to make it with them.

What standard do you think Austrian football is? Wisdom hasn't been able to get many games for Salzburg. I think it's a bad idea to make signings on the basis of nostalgia.

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Christie's as good as gone as he can leave on a free in the summer and Rowett's not picked him so there's no reason for him to stay. Personally I'm sad as I rate him highly. As a young international fullback I do think that's an example of terrible mismanagement by the club.

Wisdom's best spell in football was with us a few years ago. Then he was a young player, but is now one that hasn't progressed. I don't believe he's any better than Christie, who is fast, strong and skillful. Wisdom was never as mobile. The supposed fee for Wisdom who Liverpool are effectively trying to get someone to take off their hands is laughable. He's clearly never going to make it with them.

What standard do you think Austrian football is? Wisdom hasn't been able to get many games for Salzburg. I think it's a bad idea to make signings on the basis of nostalgia.

Austrian football is on the rise and Iäd say RBS is about the same level as as most of the Premium League teams. Close being good enough to Champions league with full international players who are signed for big money. Not suprised he hasn't played there much, bit too good club for him.

6 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

It's started ??

And is there any new account called Agent Edna? Maybe will be like Agent Elizabeth? :lol:

14 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

5 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Austrian football is on the rise and Iäd say RBS is about the same level as as most of the Premium League teams. Close being good enough to Champions league with full international players who are signed for big money. Not suprised he hasn't played there much, bit too good club for him.

He left Salzburg in January and returned to Liverpool.

Wait another team allowed a cancellation of a season long loan. I thought wasn't permitted :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, rynny said:

Wait another team allowed a cancellation of a season long loan. I thought wasn't permitted :ph34r:

Pretty sure he's still on loan at Salzburg? Didn't see anything about him going back to Liverpool?

1 minute ago, RamsPolls said:

Pretty sure he's still on loan at Salzburg? Didn't see anything about him going back to Liverpool?

He's still there and played on Saturday. 

2 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

He also gives us more of a physical presence at the back. 

We can't complain about all the set-pieces we've conceded and then bristle at the idea of bringing in a 6'1 RB who has the build of a CB. If it's him and Fozzy as full backs, that gives us a really tall back four. Having a tall back four, along with a couple of big midfielders and a tall ST on the front post is a way to help out our set-pieces (not signing one 6'5 CB and thinking that's job done).

Whilst I would love to see Wisdom back here - I wouldn't say he would give us much more of a physical presence at the back over Christie. Christie is also taller than Wisdom if that is one of your main criteria for set pieces.

1 hour ago, kingsy1884 said:

I don't think this will happen £4mil is a lot for us and i don't think he will want to play here anyway. 

Is it?

Vydra - £8 mill

Anya - £4 mill

Johnson - £7 mill

Ince - £5 mill

Buttefield - £4 mill

Shackell - £3 mill

Christ we even signed Blackman for more than £3 mill.

I don't really think £4 mill is that much these days especially if we see some outgoings.

9 minutes ago, rynny said:

3 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

According to Soccerbase he's made 11 league starts for Salzburg, but most of those have been the last few matches so he seems to be still there: http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=57098

4 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

I just checked and he is. I thought I read that he played for Liverpool under 23s in January and a couple of journalists were surprised as it meant that he couldn't join any other team for the rest of the season and meant he had to stay there. Ah well.

@Derby_EnglandLoyal @Carl Sagan

Archived