Signed: Andre Wisdom 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

9 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

What were we supposed to do ? Stand still and hope Bucko got us promoted ? There weren't many people whinging when we bought Johnson , Butterfield, Weimann etc etc  .... it's so easy to say in hindsight that we shouldn't have bought x y or z . 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

Football is a game of opinions and we're all entitled to our own.I think Morrison is vastly superior to Keogh.He's younger,taller and stronger imo.

On the flip side, ball-playing centre-halves are a rarity and if somebody wanted Keogh for that reason then that's immediately another couple of million on his price-tag.

Just now, RiddingsRam said:

Wasn't referring to you only , to the fan Base as a whole ! But really you were still pleased with £13 million that we spent. So only Johnson ,Weimann , carson and baird you weren't happy with ? 

I had no idea what Camara was like, Blackman was only ever going to go the way it has. Shackell I was more happy with because he was immense last time but we all knew he couldn't pass.

Then the Pearson era was just a shambles and you knew what was going to happen from our pre-season line-ups and Fozzy stating that "the fittest eleven will get picked". Pearson should have gone the minute that monstrosity of an opening day line-up was announced.

Surely we'll be able to get him for around £1.5 with a few add-ons???  

With my Football Manager head on, I'd go - 

£1.5m up front/£500k payable over 12 months/£1m after promotion/10% of any future fee

I very much doubt Liverpool need the cash that badly...

26 minutes ago, cannable said:

I had no idea what Camara was like, Blackman was only ever going to go the way it has. Shackell I was more happy with because he was immense last time but we all knew he couldn't pass.

Then the Pearson era was just a shambles and you knew what was going to happen from our pre-season line-ups and Fozzy stating that "the fittest eleven will get picked". Pearson should have gone the minute that monstrosity of an opening day line-up was announced.

You're generous, I would have got rid the moment it was clear we were going 4-4-1-1 with Bent as a lone striker.

Liverpool Echo reporting that Celtic are also interested.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-reject-andre-wisdom-offer-___________________________________________________________________________________

Liverpool have rejected an offer from Derby County for Andre Wisdom .

The defender is set to leave Anfield this summer, having spent the past four seasons out on loan.

Wisdom's most recent stint was at Austrian outfit Red Bull Salzburg, where he won the league and cup double.

The 24-year-old, though, has no long-term future with the Reds, who will listen to offers of £2m and above for the former England U21 international.

Derby made an official approach last week, offering £1m according to sources in the Midlands. That offer was rejected, with Liverpool expecting to collect at least double that.

A host of other clubs are interested, with Birmingham City and Celtic among them.

Wisdom, who moved to Merseyside from Bradford in 2008, made 22 first-team appearances for Liverpool, and has more than 100 professional outings in total, including 38 in the Premier League.

In addition to him, Reds boss Jurgen Klopp has decisions to make on 12 other returning loan players this summer.

They include Mamadou Sakho and Lazar Markovic, both of whom were big-money signings, and Jon Flanagan, who has been unable to nail down a regular place at Burnley this season.

Danny Ward, Ryan Kent, Cameron Brannagan and Pedro Chirivella also face uncertain futures.

49 minutes ago, cannable said:

Yeah I was referring to your tweet from September 2015 , before we had signed Vydra, anya , Blackman and Camara! Pearson as a manager and a person was **** useless, granted ! 

10 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-reject-andre-wisdom-offer-___________________________________________________________________________________

The defender is set to leave Anfield this summer, having spent the past four seasons out on loan.

Wisdom's most recent stint was at Austrian outfit Red Bull Salzburg, where he won the league and cup double.

The 24-year-old, though, has no long-term future with the Reds, who will listen to offers of £2m and above for the former England U21 international.

Derby made an official approach last week, offering £1m according to sources in the Midlands. That offer was rejected, with Liverpool expecting to collect at least double that.

A host of other clubs are interested, with Birmingham City and Celtic among them.

Wisdom, who moved to Merseyside from Bradford in 2008, made 22 first-team appearances for Liverpool, and has more than 100 professional outings in total, including 38 in the Premier League.

In addition to him, Reds boss Jurgen Klopp has decisions to make on 12 other returning loan players this summer.

They include Mamadou Sakho and Lazar Markovic, both of whom were big-money signings, and Jon Flanagan, who has been unable to nail down a regular place at Burnley this season.

Danny Ward, Ryan Kent, Cameron Brannagan and Pedro Chirivella also face uncertain futures.

I'd take Markovic on loan. He's class.

The Echo report does give hope of signing Wisdom.

Let's hope  £2m seals  it.

To everyone saying what's another £1 million - the answer is £1 Million or lets put this another way:

£2 Million is 10% of our yearly income. That's a heck of a lot of money. I can't remember the exact losses allowed on FFP over three years but we will be pretty close. That therefore needs taking into consideration...

Unfortunately past history, whilst most people now recognise it as being a mistake has given people the image we can just splash the cash. We can't and shouldn't. We need to try and settle at the best price and one which Rowett is prepared to pay. If the answer to that is £2 Million then fine, pay it but if its not, don't just bid it for the sake of it.

If we get him, that's two players we have committed to with the cash I assume going out (although most transfers have stage payments) from July onwards. We haven't sold anyone yet (Publicly that we know off) and I read the other day that we have 30 plus pro's on the books already.

2 hours ago, rcarso1 said:

Football is a game of opinions and we're all entitled to our own.I think Morrison is vastly superior to Keogh.He's younger,taller and stronger imo.

Morrison's nowhere near as good as Keogh - he's similar to Hanley, a bruiser who would have been better suited to being a boxer rather than a footballer

1 hour ago, Heisenberg said:

I blame @B4ev6is for this article - I reckon he's the 'sources in the Midlands' and he put the £1m bid in on our behalf. Now he's upped it to £2m then Wisdom should be ours.

Archived