Signed: Andre Wisdom 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Haggling over £2m for Andre Wisdom but happy to spend £4.5m on Ikechi Anya ? Our transfer policies really confuse me sometimes. 

I think that was the worst 24 hours of transfer market madness for us bringing in Vydra and Anya and losing Martin and Hendrick for the same money maybe even surpassing when we bought Johnson and butterfield 

39 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

You would be surprised what I can get from two tweets.

Someone had shared the story by John Percy to him, to which he put Loooooool (I may have the amount of o's wrong)

He also said, the headline was being used to draw people in (as in us Derby fans) and that the story was more about the second half, as in the second half of the story which refers to us selling 3 key players, potentially.

Seeing as he is Wisdoms brother, the fact he clearly laughed off the fact we have bid for Andre would suggest there is a good chance we actually haven't.

There's a lot of gullible people out there

10 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

At least we are trying to be reasonable with money and bidding sensibly- I am still so annoyed at what we threw away on the likes of Blackman Butterfield Johnson Vydra and Anya - should have been about £10 million at the high end for all of them instead of what £ 27 million ! - the only one to get a regular start will be Johnson! 

Why does it bother you the ammount we spent on them players ? What effect has it had on you as a fan in anyway shape or form ? It would be no difference to you if we'd got them all for free ? 

33 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

I'm inclined to pay more credence to John Percy than someone who uses the term "LOOOOOOOOL" on Twitter.

Pays your money, takes your choice I suppose.

Could I please request that if ever you needed an update on my health or whereabouts, please believe my brother over Steve Nicholson at the Telegraph.

"suggestions that Dave is alive and well are wide of the mark"

I'd imagine if we pay £2m... There will be a buy back clause for liverpools benefit in there.

They've started copying the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid so that they don't let talent slip through their hands. 

The prime is example is Paul Pogba. Went for pennies and 4 years later he's the most expensive footballer in the world. 

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

That says to me we haven't bid for Wisdom and Liverpool aren't willing to sell for only 2 million.

The agenda with the story is to highlight the fact we are willing to sell Keogh, Hughes and Ince. Maybe we are desperate to raise funds so we can actually start bidding.

If I have read into his tweets correctly.

I Don't see who benefits from the "leaked" story though? Surely Derby don't need to advertise their players for sale in the paper? I also find it very hard to believe that managers up and down the country are buying the morning papers to see who's possibly up for sale.

If they are up for sale, clubs will already be well aware. I'm sure will go abut trying to sell their client to any club that will listen. 

If we have bid for Wisdom, chances are contact will already have been made with him or his agent to assertane wether he'd be interested in coming back. Clubs don't bother bidding for players they know don't want to join them.

2 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Agreed. But all 3 are part of a squad that hasn't achieved anything. Got to trust Rowett in what he wants to do. 

For me, and I said this at the end of the season, there isn't a single player that I wouldn't sell for the right price. Plus whoever goes would be replaced. 

Let's just say we got £10 million for Hughes, £10 million for Ince and £5million for Keogh. So £25 million for the 3.

I don't necessarily think that they are all worth that much. But I think we'll agree that it's not unrealistic. 

Judging by how well Rowett is finding good value in the transfer market (Potentially £2.5 million on Wisdom & Davies) 

I'd have every confidence that if we were to sell all 3 that they would be replaced more than adequately. 

We've had 4 years of failure. We need changes. Not wholesale. But a lot. And sometimes the only way to do that is to sell assets. Of which we do not have many who could fetch £5 million plus. 

If we could get someone to pay £5m for Keogh I'll think Xmas has come early! ?

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

Why does it bother you the ammount we spent on them players ? What effect has it had on you as a fan in anyway shape or form ? It would be no difference to you if we'd got them all for free ? 

We spent enough money to consolidate mid-table in the Prem and ended up getting it so wrong we finished mid-table in the Championship. 

That's why it matters. It was our chance to become genuinely good and all we did was ruin the best Derby team in a generation.

8 minutes ago, cannable said:

We spent enough money to consolidate mid-table in the Prem and ended up getting it so wrong we ended up mid-table in the Championship. 

That's it matters. It was our chance to become genuinely good and all we did was ruin the best Derby team in a generation.

What were we supposed to do ? Stand still and hope Bucko got us promoted ? There weren't many people whinging when we bought Johnson , Butterfield, Weimann etc etc  .... it's so easy to say in hindsight that we shouldn't have bought x y or z . 

1 hour ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I don't see who benefits from the "leaked" story though? Surely Derby don't need to advertise their players for sale in the paper? I also find it very hard to believe that managers up and down the country are buying the morning papers to see who's possibly up for sale.

They don't need to buy the paper do they? Can't they get the online version?! :D

5 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

What were we supposed to do ? Stand still and hope Bucko got us promoted ? There weren't many people whinging when we bought Johnson , Butterfield, Weimann etc etc  .... it's so easy to say in hindsight that we shouldn't have bought x y or z . 

Exactly in fact I was excited. Unfortunately hasn't worked out for them (It still can though.)

2 Million for Wisdom is a bargain. Please for the love of god make this happen!!!?!?

17 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Cardiff have turned down £3 million for Sean Morrison and Keogh is better than him. Think I read somewhere they want £6 million. 

Football is a game of opinions and we're all entitled to our own.I think Morrison is vastly superior to Keogh.He's younger,taller and stronger imo.

Archived