Signed: Andre Wisdom 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

1 minute ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Reading the article I don't know how I'd feel if we ended up selling Keogh, Hughes and Ince though :/

Selling any of those 3 before we unload players who have no long-term future under Rowett makes no sense at all. If we are unable to move on any of the latter then selling our main assets means they need to be replaced by players who are at least as good as, if not better. Our record of selling 'cheap' and buying 'pricey is not a particularly good one.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Reading the article I don't know how I'd feel if we ended up selling Keogh, Hughes and Ince though :/

Agreed. But all 3 are part of a squad that hasn't achieved anything. Got to trust Rowett in what he wants to do. 

For me, and I said this at the end of the season, there isn't a single player that I wouldn't sell for the right price. Plus whoever goes would be replaced. 

Let's just say we got £10 million for Hughes, £10 million for Ince and £5million for Keogh. So £25 million for the 3.

I don't necessarily think that they are all worth that much. But I think we'll agree that it's not unrealistic. 

Judging by how well Rowett is finding good value in the transfer market (Potentially £2.5 million on Wisdom & Davies) 

I'd have every confidence that if we were to sell all 3 that they would be replaced more than adequately. 

We've had 4 years of failure. We need changes. Not wholesale. But a lot. And sometimes the only way to do that is to sell assets. Of which we do not have many who could fetch £5 million plus. 

19 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

£2 million is an excellent price for young player with a lot of potential, buy, buy, buy!

Totally agree! We go in low and then make it look like Liverpool drive a hard bargain when we pay £2m! I'll bet there'd be a sell on clause or extra if we get promoted but I think £2m is a fair price for a proven player at this level.If he does come I hope he comes by taxi this time!?

11 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Agreed. But all 3 are part of a squad that hasn't achieved anything. Got to trust Rowett in what he wants to do. 

For me, and I said this at the end of the season, there isn't a single player that I wouldn't sell for the right price. Plus whoever goes would be replaced. 

Let's just say we got £10 million for Hughes, £10 million for Ince and £5million for Keogh. So £25 million for the 3.

I don't necessarily think that they are all worth that much. But I think we'll agree that it's not unrealistic. 

Judging by how well Rowett is finding good value in the transfer market (Potentially £2.5 million on Wisdom & Davies) 

I'd have every confidence that if we were to sell all 3 that they would be replaced more than adequately. 

We've had 4 years of failure. We need changes. Not wholesale. But a lot. And sometimes the only way to do that is to sell assets. Of which we do not have many who could fetch £5 million plus. 

I remember Huddersfield selling their prized asset in Butterfield to us, I felt so sorry for them at the time, poor old little Hudds being bullied into selling their best player to us.

They clearly invested that money wisely and look where they eventually ended up.

It can work.

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I remember Huddersfield selling their prized asset in Butterfield to us, I felt so sorry for them at the time, poor old little Hudds being bullied into selling their best player to us.

They clearly invested that money wisely and look where they eventually ended up.

It can work.

I agree that the sale of one of a clubs best players is not always a disaster and in some cases can work out well, I would however argue that selling three of your clubs best players in a single transfer window is a bit mental.

12 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It can work.

Burnley sold Charlie Austin. 

Put their faith in Danny Ings who had been back up to Austin. 

Used the money on other areas. Got promoted. 

5 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Andre Wisdom's agent has just put this out on Twitter. Anything to read into?

That says to me we haven't bid for Wisdom and Liverpool aren't willing to sell for only 2 million.

The agenda with the story is to highlight the fact we are willing to sell Keogh, Hughes and Ince. Maybe we are desperate to raise funds so we can actually start bidding.

If I have read into his tweets correctly.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

That says to me we haven't bid for Wisdom and Liverpool aren't willing to sell for only 2 million.

The agenda with the story is to highlight the fact we are willing to sell Keogh, Hughes and Ince. Maybe we are desperate to raise funds so we can actually start bidding.

I'm not sure you can get all of that from two tweets.

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Am i missing something here or just being thick lol :huh:....i don't see anything relative in those tweets ?

13 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I'm not sure you can get all of that from two tweets.

You would be surprised what I can get from two tweets.

Someone had shared the story by John Percy to him, to which he put Loooooool (I may have the amount of o's wrong)

He also said, the headline was being used to draw people in (as in us Derby fans) and that the story was more about the second half, as in the second half of the story which refers to us selling 3 key players, potentially.

Seeing as he is Wisdoms brother, the fact he clearly laughed off the fact we have bid for Andre would suggest there is a good chance we actually haven't.

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Someone had shared the story by John Percy to him, to which he put Loooooool (I may have the amount of o's wrong)

He also said, the headline was being used to draw people in (as in us Derby fans) and that the story was more about the second half, as in the second half of the story which refers to us selling 3 key players, potentially.

Seeing as he is Wisdoms brother, the fact he clearly laughed off the fact we have bid for Andre would suggest there is a good chance we actually haven't.

or that he sees that 1m is bit derisory ...

9 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm inclined to pay more credence to John Percy than someone who uses the term "LOOOOOOOOL" on Twitter.

Pays your money, takes your choice I suppose.

At least we are trying to be reasonable with money and bidding sensibly- I am still so annoyed at what we threw away on the likes of Blackman Butterfield Johnson Vydra and Anya - should have been about £10 million at the high end for all of them instead of what £ 27 million ! - the only one to get a regular start will be Johnson! 

Archived