Signed: Andre Wisdom 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, rynny said:

Any relation to Mika who we almost signed 10 years ago?

Nope. Mika was (and still is) very good player, it's a shame how injuries ruined his career. Thorne looks like Superman compared to him.

10 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

The thing is A.W wants CB role rather than RB role and that's why he ain't coming back to us, he decided that he doesn't want to come back after playoffs final for some reasons IE testing himself in higher level than championship which is understandable. Yes would be great to see A.W in Derby shirt again but I can't see that happening anyway. 

His brother may be right that A.W loves us etc but I think he just trying to make some fans Happy to hear that's all. 

While you and Topram are right to be sceptical about a tweet from Wisdoms brother meaning Andre coming to us, doesn't mean he won't come back.

Andre was right to fancy Prem games, as his overall aim was to play for Liverpool - his team. And yet the two prem teams he's gone too since have been failures in terms of loans. He may well have been interested in returning to us after playoff final but Lpool may have blocked that move in favour of Prem.

Id like to think if Salzburg don't sign him and Lpool are looking to loan/sell him again, we have a pretty good shot at him. Of all the clubs in England, he probably looks at us with some fondness as a team that supports him

DET suggesting we are in for him?

Derby County are interested in bringing Liverpool's Andre Wisdom back to the club, the Derby Telegraph understands.

But the Rams might have to be patient in their chase as the 24-year-old defender has only recently completed his season on loan with Austrian side Red Bull Salzburg.

Wisdom, a right back or central defender, helped Red Bull to a league and cup double and they are keen to retain his services.

"He has been hugely important for us both on the pitch and off it. We will try everything to keep hold of Andre," said Salzburg sporting director Christoph Freund.

Wisdom has said he will "return to Liverpool and see what happens".

It has been suggested by Wisdom's brother on Twitter that the player will be staying in England next season.

Wisdom spent a season on loan at Derby in 2013-14. He made 38 consecutive starts at right back and helped the Rams to reach the Championship play-off final where they lost to Queens Park Rangers.

Derby boss Gary Rowett admitted a month ago that Wisdom is the type of player he would be interested in.

Liverpool could be willing to sell Wisdom for £4m, according to reports.

15 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

4 Mil for Wisdom or Hanley? hmm...

Andre has been predominantly a Centre Half for Salzburg this season right?, I just cant see him choosing us.

Personally think we have a really good chance. He might not want to live abroad and he knows in the short time he was here he was a bit of a fans favourite. He will get regular football and a good chance at progressing to the Prem with us. He wasn't playing regularly during his loan spells in the Prem, we are a better prospect than some are making out.

14 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Thought £4m is too much Gary? 

There's nothing that suggests otherwise in the det rehash. Plus GR says 'type' so hopefully will be looking for a better deal to back Baird up.

17 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Thought £4m is too much Gary? 

I wouldn't take the £4m figure too seriously. Wasn't it spouted by the mirror? 

Even if Liverpool did want £4m for him, it doesn't mean that's what they will receive. Any deal will be most likely made up of a lump sum and then some in clauses, appearances, promotion etc.

if we had the option to pay £2.5m upfront and then rising to £4m on promotion I think most people's names here would be pretty happy wouldn't they?

if the Hanley rumours are true a back line of Forsyth, Hanley, Keogh, Wisdom is a mouth watering prospect. 

3 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I wouldn't take the £4m figure too seriously. Wasn't it spouted by the mirror? 

Even if Liverpool did want £4m for him, it doesn't mean that's what they will receive. Any deal will be most likely made up of a lump sum and then some in clauses, appearances, promotion etc.

if we had the option to pay £2.5m upfront and then rising to £4m on promotion I think most people's names here would be pretty happy wouldn't they?

if the Hanley rumours are true a back line of Forsyth, Hanley, Keogh, Wisdom is a mouth watering prospect. 

Think Wisdom stuff started from Liverpool Echo? Swear I read somewhere that Rowett said £4m is too much? ?

Andre wisdom will not come to derby county.

all those fans tweeting his brother just look daft.

he didn't want to stay when we were at the top of our game

he intends to go back to Liverpool and see if he can impress klopp

if Liverpool want to sell then he's far likelier to end up at burnley or similar on Prem wages.

I'd love to sign him if the price is the right and Rowett thinks he fits us, and I think he'd want to join us. The best spell in his career was our season in 13/14, so it might suit him to move on from Liverpool permanently (since he will never play there) and go somewhere he had good times with in the past and many of the fans would love for him to come back. It's easier than making a first impression for the fans at a new club and if Rowett stated he wants a defensive right back, Wisdom fits the bill. Of course though, it comes down to price.

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

Andre wisdom will not come to derby county.

all those fans tweeting his brother just look daft.

he didn't want to stay when we were at the top of our game

he intends to go back to Liverpool and see if he can impress klopp

if Liverpool want to sell then he's far likelier to end up at burnley or similar on Prem wages.

Didn't he say he wanted to stay before when it was out of his hands? And how do you know his intentions, maybe Klopp has already told him he doesn't want him?

56 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Personally think we have a really good chance. He might not want to live abroad and he knows in the short time he was here he was a bit of a fans favourite. He will get regular football and a good chance at progressing to the Prem with us. He wasn't playing regularly during his loan spells in the Prem, we are a better prospect than some are making out.

Agree with most of that, except I just see some premier league clubs being more likely to either pay more wages or offer a better appeal in terms of level. I mean a successful season abroad should alert any suitors.

Can't wait for some Derby fans on twitter to abuse me if he signs.. :lol: I don't know how I'm going to cope. :lol: 

Wisdom will want to play CB role instead RB role so he might actually get it here maybe?

Would another Prem club take a punt on him though? He is similar to Bamford where he has been to a few Prem clubs but failed to impress. Wisdom got next to no game time at WBA or Norwich so why would someone else come in for him?

Will Wisdom want to spend another season on someones bench or move to a club where the fans have already taken to him and more chance of regular football which id like to think would be more of a deciding factor than money.

Liverpool want 4m for, like Newcastle want 5.5m for Hanley - neither will get it. I personally think we could get Wisdom for 2.5m + addons...Hanley fee will more than likely be announced as 4m but id have thought only around 2.5m of that would be upfront as well

He played 26 times for WBA in 14/15? That's more than he did with Salzburg this. I just see outside of the top 8 there's a host of mediocre clubs plus the newly promoted lot with a ton of money to spend and where he could challenge

Archived