Signed: Andre Wisdom 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

Looks to me like he has played at CB mainly for Salzburg so could it be a case of selling 1 or 2 CBs rather than Christie? 

So for example would the sale of 2 out of Keogh/Pearce/Shackell cover the costs of us signing Wisdom and Dumic - id have thought so?

Sale of Christie cover the cost of us signing Yiadom, id have thought so?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Looks to me like he has played at CB mainly for Salzburg so could it be a case of selling 1 or 2 CBs rather than Christie? 

So for example would the sale of 2 out of Keogh/Pearce/Shackell cover the costs of us signing Wisdom and Dumic - id have thought so?

He have played CB while at FC Red Bull Salzburg on loan. Two trophies he won. 

8 minutes ago, ColchesterRam said:

Why would we sign Wisdom when we already have the best RB in the league!

For CB role?

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I can't see him signing for Derby, surely the only reason he wouldn't sign for Salzburg is if a Prem club offered for him, such as Huddersfield, Newcastle or Brighton.

Or maybe he doesn't like living in Austria?

2 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Burnley will be selling Keane for big money maybe Thier manager may come back in for the likes of Keogh or even shackell (they are both very good central defenders especially in the championship)

If Wisdom is available and affordable, you get him in. Obviously in the absence of a better option.

If Ince stayed, having Wisdom staying behind him like a quicker, stronger Baird...this would make a top class right flank at our level.

If's. Depends on the budget really.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

With Christie and Baird in reserve I would not waste money on another right back...

I think it's the other way round mate. Baird with Christie in reserve. Cos Baird is a better right back than Christie. 

Also its like saying we have Russell and Camara in reserve so we don't need a left winger. 

You do if the signing is an improvement of which Wisdom is. 

Plus if Rowett is looking for his full backs to be more defensive minded then Christie hasn't got a prayer

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I can't see him signing for Derby, surely the only reason he wouldn't sign for Salzburg is if a Prem club offered for him, such as Huddersfield, Newcastle or Brighton.

Not saying he would necessarily sign for us but possibly wanting to return to England on a permanent basis wouldn't be another reason then?

1 hour ago, ColchesterRam said:

Any idea how many games he's played as centre back? I'm intrigued to know if he's actually any good in that role. 

Not sure. I saw him play as a CB with U21-national team. Got absolutely destroyed by Tim Väyrynen who is nowadays playing in Germany's lower leagues. Got sent off too, if I remember right.

Only one game and years ago but in that game he was simply horrible.

Archived