Signed: Andre Wisdom 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

17 hours ago, Mountain Ram said:

Sorry, but Keogh is one of the worst headers of a ball at centre half I've seen!

So you disagree with Steve maclaren , Martin o Neil , Nigel clough , Paul Clement , Nigel Pearson and currently Gary rowett. What do the above know about football ?  Mel got one thing right he didn't hire you, thank god 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 86 points said:

Can I welcome you to the Keogh bashing forum - I think you'll find the following thread to your taste. You'll be able to point out all Keogh's defensive deficiencies to your heart's content in the company of many like-minded Derby 'fans'. 

42 minutes ago, Charlie G said:

So you disagree with Steve maclaren , Martin o Neil , Nigel clough , Paul Clement , Nigel Pearson and currently Gary rowett. What do the above know about football ?  Mel got one thing right he didn't hire you, thank god 

You're being a bit harsh on the guy purely for having an opinion. I don't mind Keogh at all, I think we could do a lot worse, but he's not the type of defender to absolutely dominate in the air. That's simply not one of his strengths.

7 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

You're being a bit harsh on the guy purely for having an opinion. I don't mind Keogh at all, I think we could do a lot worse, but he's not the type of defender to absolutely dominate in the air. That's simply not one of his strengths.

He's also nowhere near "one of the worst". He wins the 5th most per game in he Derby squad (Johnson, Forsyth, Pearce and Shackell are better). In terms of in the division, he is 74th (about 50th in terms of defenders)

28 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I have no problem with people having an opinion but occasionally  others will let you know what they think of your post. This is what I did and added some factual based evidence to back up my own opinion. 

57 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

He's also nowhere near "one of the worst". He wins the 5th most per game in he Derby squad (Johnson, Forsyth, Pearce and Shackell are better). In terms of in the division, he is 74th (about 50th in terms of defenders)

Exactly, our other centre backs, plus our full back are better in the air. I don't mind Keogh at all but you have to admit from those stats that it's not his major strength. I would say he's much better than 50th in terms of all-round defenders, yet he's around 50th for heading, which must say that it's a weaker side of his game.

44 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Exactly, our other centre backs, plus our full back are better in the air. I don't mind Keogh at all but you have to admit from those stats that it's not his major strength. I would say he's much better than 50th in terms of all-round defenders, yet he's around 50th for heading, which must say that it's a weaker side of his game.

Don't forget those 50 will include a few full backs who are up against wingers (typically the smallest players on the pitch)

2 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Really? What I find 'harsh' is the constant sniping at Keogh whilst the rest of our defense always seem to slip under the radar. 114 pages, the balance of which are critical of the skipper seems incredibly harsh for a dual-POTY and a good honest pro, but by all means have it your way :thumbsup:.

By way of balance, perhaps it would be equally 'helpful' to have a thousand odd posts on a thread entitled, 'Shacks Can't Pass for S**te'?

Back on thread, I'd welcome AW back. I may have a rose-tinted view of his abilities but to my mind he stood out amongst what was a decent back four when last here. Folk have highlighted his cost as being prohibitive but at anywhere between £3 and 4 mill he'd be good business. If Baird is staying another year, I'd be cashing my in chips on Christie whom I've always championed but who has not made the progress I once thought he would.

9 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Could you open this one little bit? Why six?

Because it's a solid number. We are obviously struggling at the moment and have a mental fragility defending set pieces so at least 6 would be a sensible number to me.  The number can lower when we regain confidence defending set pieces but ideally,  you would want every member of the team to be useful in defending and attacking set pieces 

7 hours ago, i-Ram said:

He can't count to 7.

Funny you should say that when my job revolves around numbers and statistics , contrasting them with previous years and other aspects :lol: Would have been more reflective if you said I couldn't write

26 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Because it's a solid number. We are obviously struggling at the moment and have a mental fragility defending set pieces so at least 6 would be a sensible number to me.  The number can lower when we regain confidence defending set pieces but ideally,  you would want every member of the team to be useful in defending and attacking set pieces 

Three would be enough against us and nine wouldn't been enough against Greece 2002.

3 hours ago, 86 points said:

Really? What I find 'harsh' is the constant sniping at Keogh whilst the rest of our defense always seem to slip under the radar. 114 pages, the balance of which are critical of the skipper seems incredibly harsh for a dual-POTY and a good honest pro, but by all means have it your way :thumbsup:.

By way of balance, perhaps it would be equally 'helpful' to have a thousand odd posts on a thread entitled, 'Shacks Can't Pass for S**te'?

I agree, I think some of the criticism that a Keogh receives is harsh. However, the fact remains that his heading isn't one of his strengths. Although I think we could do better, I love Keogh and his never-say-die attitude, so don't put me in the Keogh-hater bracket.

22 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I agree, I think some of the criticism that a Keogh receives is harsh. However, the fact remains that his heading isn't one of his strengths. Although I think we could do better, I love Keogh and his never-say-die attitude, so don't put me in the Keogh-hater bracket.

What on earth in either of my posts could you possibly construe as putting you in the Keogh hater bracket? Are you simply arguing for the sake of it?

36 minutes ago, 86 points said:

What on earth in either of my posts could you possibly construe as putting you in the Keogh hater bracket? Are you simply arguing for the sake of it?

I never said you were, I just didn't want you to think I was. Apologies if it didn't come across that way.

4 hours ago, 86 points said:

Back on thread, I'd welcome AW back. I may have a rose-tinted view of his abilities but to my mind he stood out amongst what was a decent back four when last here. Folk have highlighted his cost as being prohibitive but at anywhere between £3 and 4 mill he'd be good business. If Baird is staying another year, I'd be cashing my in chips on Christie whom I've always championed but who has not made the progress I once thought he would.

Your chips are worthless. Christie will leave on a free this summer given he's out of contract and Rowett hasn't started him.

Archived