Ramsplayer

alexxxxx

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

Got an email saying Ramsplayer is being withdrawn. Guess there will be something club-run up and running for next season?

Maybe we're jacking in football altogether and moving onto producing mineral water, least the players might gain some bottle that way

A Bristol City mate of mine has just posted that EFL games will be streamable for non-UK fans next season.

Am assuming that this is something to do with what Mel and Cellino were discussing earlier this season, so maybe when rights are sorted we will be able to pay for games in the UK as well.

EFL Digital (formerly Football League Interactive FLi) is today delighted to announce the dual appointment of Realise and NeuLion as its new long-term digital partners.

Following one of the most comprehensive procurement processes in the history of the EFL, in which over 175 of the world’s leading digital agencies expressed an interest, the final two have now been selected for a contract that runs until the end of the 2022/23 season.

Highlights of the deal include:

- Seven-year term, including one-year build;
- New sites go live in July 2017;
- All sites built responsively and optimised for desktop, tablet and mobile;
- Flexible approach to design and site layout;
- Video on demand (VOD) of all EFL fixtures;
- Video streaming to be delivered in HD;
- New commercial opportunities via the latest in video advertising;
- Subscription management and e-billing payments;
- Secure, future proofed platforms including foreign language capabilities.

1 hour ago, Mick Harford said:

EFL Digital (formerly Football League Interactive FLi) is today delighted to announce the dual appointment of Realise and NeuLion as its new long-term digital partners.

Following one of the most comprehensive procurement processes in the history of the EFL, in which over 175 of the world’s leading digital agencies expressed an interest, the final two have now been selected for a contract that runs until the end of the 2022/23 season.

I received my email today too. Let's see what prices for live games are. Hopefully I'll get to see more games from now on, even if I do have to pick and choose a little due to finances. ??

On 4/26/2017 at 20:25, BarrowRam said:

I got the same email today. It will be intesting to see what derby will come up with.

I received the same email. I am not expecting anything great to replace Ramsplayer if the Burton game experiment was any yardstick. 

On 26/04/2017 at 21:12, richinspain said:

I received my email today too. Let's see what prices for live games are. Hopefully I'll get to see more games from now on, even if I do have to pick and choose a little due to finances. ??

You do realise we are going our own way? The above details are for those clubs who are sticking with FLi and its new providers. 

Derby are running their own sites. I don't see why the existing contract with the BBC commentary can't be brought along. 

9 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

You do realise we are going our own way? The above details are for those clubs who are sticking with FLi and its new providers. 

Derby are running their own sites. I don't see why the existing contract with the BBC commentary can't be brought along. 

Ah, ok. I thought that that statement had been released by FLi later and that we were going along with that. Even more intrigued now.

On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 05:00, Mick Harford said:

A Bristol City mate of mine has just posted that EFL games will be streamable for non-UK fans next season.

Am assuming that this is something to do with what Mel and Cellino were discussing earlier this season, so maybe when rights are sorted we will be able to pay for games in the UK as well.

Any details you can glean from him will be gratefully received....

On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 05:04, Mick Harford said:

How could this be anything other than the EFL player...although I would absolutely love to hear how they'd justify "interactive" as a reasonable descriptor of their product...unless it will be "interactive" when I eventually receive this email, yet accidentally resubscribed for another year to November 2017 (it would be just like it for the re-subscribe to work for the first time ever...just when it is not meant to) and ask for a pro rata refund...

Looking at those features, it sounds like the existing functionality plus ads.

Where some seem optimistic that "video streaming" means "live video streaming", I wouldn't be. The word "live" is noticeably absent.

If Mel can't do better than that (complimentary Candy Crush games for starters), I'll go 'he'....as long as the rights issue can be sorted out...

Archived