Joey Barton

Coneheadjohn

1 hour ago, Zurich Ram said:

I get the irony, but its like when they introduced the smoking ban on planes, I heard a passenger complain "but you sell cigarettes", as the stewardess was heard to reply " we sell condoms as well, but we don't expect you to be using those on board, either":lol: 

Fair point Zurich (if better not imagined), though you'll find lots of people who will argue that banning sponsorship of sporting events by tobacco firms has significantly contributed to the reductions in tobacco use and that by allowing betting firms to have such a large part to play in funding football you are encouraging people to bet, some of whom will have a problem.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, rynny said:

Berahino had a small trace amount of MDMA found in his system. From the BBC website he said

He claims the level of drugs found was "really low", which he says proves there was no intent on his behalf.

You can get MDMA from the BBC website? Thank god I pay my licence fee

On 26/04/2017 at 13:02, coneheadjohn said:

Banned from football for 18 months.

On 26/04/2017 at 13:03, EastHertsRam said:

...banned from all football for 18 months, fined 30,000 quid. 

Breaching betting rules apparently. 

Edit, mods, delete this thread please, @coneheadjohn got in before me. 

And both failed to provide a link.

Half-posters :D

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry to bump this thread from so long ago...but I just finished reading Barton’s auto biography... really interesting read actually a lot better than the normal bland footballers story. 

One of the most interesting stories for a derby fan was the story of the play off final.... 

QPR knee we were a lot better than them and thought they were going to get battered

QPR rehearsed playing 10 v 11

Barton thinks Russel would have scored

They knew we conceeded loads of late goals and had targeted that in the run up

When they went down to 10 men they were all geeing themselves taking it steady with the phrase “we win the next 5 minutes” and according to Barton, Chris Martin sneered at them and told them it was over....! He said this galvanized the entire team and they knew they were going to be ok. They hated Martin so much so that the next season when they were in the Premiershite everytime anything went wrong for them they would all laugh and say “well at least we aren’t Chris Martin still playing in the Championship”

anyway...interesting book, the bloke is a bit of a dink but I also think quite misunderstood  

3 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Sorry to bump this thread from so long ago...but I just finished reading Barton’s auto biography... really interesting read actually a lot better than the normal bland footballers story. 

One of the most interesting stories for a derby fan was the story of the play off final.... 

QPR knee we were a lot better than them and thought they were going to get battered

When they went down to 10 men they were all geeing themselves taking it steady with the phrase “we win the next 5 minutes” and according to Barton, Chris Martin sneered at them and told them it was over....! He said this galvanized the entire team and they knew they were going to be ok. They hated Martin so much so that the next season when they were in the Premiershite everytime anything went wrong for them they would all laugh and say “well at least we aren’t Chris Martin still playing in the Championship”

anyway...interesting book, the bloke is a bit of a dink but I also think quite misunderstood  

I think he's an utter tool myself. However, he's actually quite insightful, intelligent and articulate. It's a shame that never stopped him from being such a tool but se la vie. Glad we didn't sign him though.

I should think that thats just fabrication and retribution for chris smacking bartons head on a corner in the league game at PP

Sith Happens

Did he know something? Perhaps he had put a bet on it.

• 2 months later...

I can't believe there are still people and posters I quite like defending this guy as misunderstood.

It's everything that is wrong with the game and with society as a whole that this proven racist, cheating thug is still able to earn a living from the game he's done nothing but bring into disrepute since he got involved. I don't know how long he'd been a player before he stubbed a cigar out on his team mates eye (read that over and over again if you didn't already know about it) or how long before he attacked his team mate with a golf club, or before he racially abused his team mate and I mean abused, I don't mean accidentally dropped in an n bomb..

Dont need to go into his on the field antics for qpr against City, don't need to mention his cheating by betting.

It's a disgrace that he is anywhere near our TV, radio and papers for anything other than getting deservedly locked up for something.

Articulate, intelligent, misunderstood, changed character?

No just an absolute ****.

I'd love to sit down and articulately tell him what I feel about him but no doubt hed articulately knock me out for having the balls to a say it to his face.

He'd regret knocking me out of course, hes changed and it would be my fault for provoking him.

****, ****, **** and I'm not 100% proud of myself for posting that but feel justified as it needs saying.

1 hour ago, ronnieronalde said:

I can't believe there are still people and posters I quite like defending this guy as misunderstood.

It's everything that is wrong with the game and with society as a whole that this proven racist, cheating thug is still able to earn a living from the game he's done nothing but bring into disrepute since he got involved. I don't know how long he'd been a player before he stubbed a cigar out on his team mates eye (read that over and over again if you didn't already know about it) or how long before he attacked his team mate with a golf club, or before he racially abused his team mate and I mean abused, I don't mean accidentally dropped in an n bomb..

Dont need to go into his on the field antics for qpr against City, don't need to mention his cheating by betting.

It's a disgrace that he is anywhere near our TV, radio and papers for anything other than getting deservedly locked up for something.

Articulate, intelligent, misunderstood, changed character?

No just an absolute ****.

I'd love to sit down and articulately tell him what I feel about him but no doubt hed articulately knock me out for having the balls to a say it to his face.

He'd regret knocking me out of course, hes changed and it would be my fault for provoking him.

****, ****, **** and I'm not 100% proud of myself for posting that but feel justified as it needs saying.

Can we set a meeting up for you? ?

4 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

how long before he attacked his team mate with a golf club

not defending him in the slightest as a man, he was decent enough as a player, but am pretty sure this was Craig Bellamy you're talking about.

1 hour ago, Moist One said:

not defending him in the slightest as a man, he was decent enough as a player, but am pretty sure this was Craig Bellamy you're talking about.

I don't care if he was Pele, zidane, maradonna, figo and Ted McMinn rolled into one. He should have been kicked out of the game before he got started.

Maybe I've attached a golf club where there wasn't one but Google James Tandy, Dabo, taxi driver and McDonald's assault.

How many is too many? How much is too much? 

The bloke is scum, the fact he is scum who can string a sentence together is irrelevant.

5 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

I don't care if he was Pele, zidane, maradonna, figo and Ted McMinn rolled into one. He should have been kicked out of the game before he got started.

Maybe I've attached a golf club where there wasn't one but Google James Tandy, Dabo, taxi driver and McDonald's assault.

How many is too many? How much is too much? 

The bloke is scum, the fact he is scum who can string a sentence together is irrelevant.

you should read his autobiography to get a true reflection on what happened....not everything you read in the Sun is true you know.

Archived