Keiran Thomas

rynny

http://m.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/derby-county-take-gloucester-city-star-on-trial/story-30290668-detail/story.html

One of Gloucester City's top performers this season has been given a chance to impress at a Championship club.

Right-back Keiran Thomas is spending this week at Derby County and will play for their Under-23s at Luton Town on Tuesday afternoon.

His younger brother Luke Thomas has been with the Rams since January 2016, having made the move from Cheltenham Town, and impressed on loan with Gloucester this season.

Keiran joined the Tigers from Cinderford Town last summer after helping the Foresters win the Southern League Division One South and West title as captain.

He has missed only one match as Tim Harris' side have enjoyed their best season yet in National League North. They play their final game of the campaign at Stockport County on Saturday.

Harris said former Cheltenham Town scholar Thomas deserves his opportunity with Derby, who are now managed by Gary Rowett.

"Derby have been watching Luke regularly to monitor his progress with us and they have also been very impressed with Keiran," Harris said.

"They invited him up for a week and he's been absolutely outstanding for us this season. He is Mr Consistent and I know a number of other clubs are looking at him too.

"My experience of helping a number of players either into the Football League, or back into it, is that the lad has a great chance."

Thomas has already signed a contract with Gloucester for next season and should Derby wish to sign him a fee would be involved.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's coming for a trial. I don't know how good Keiran is, to be honest, but it is a possibility it's being pursued as a method of helping Luke settle, and we're checking he's at least competent.

It's also a (more likely) possibility that Keiran is perceived to have the potential to be a good first team player, but it took the scouts an extended amount of time watching him to come to this conclusion.

21 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

He's coming for a trial. I don't know how good Keiran is, to be honest, but it is a possibility it's being pursued as a method of helping Luke settle, and we're checking he's at least competent.

It's also a (more likely) possibility that Keiran is perceived to have the potential to be a good first team player, but it took the scouts an extended amount of time watching him to come to this conclusion.

No I think that they think Kieran is good in his own right and they would not just sign Luke's brother unless they thought that. 

Luke has been on loan at Gloucester this season where Keiran plays. May be a case of us going to see how Luke was getting on and making notes that Keiran has played well so worth giving him a trial to see how he gets on.

13 minutes ago, rynny said:

Luke has been on loan at Gloucester this season where Keiran plays. May be a case of us going to see how Luke was getting on and making notes that Keiran has played well so worth giving him a trial to see how he gets on.

Yeah. that was my implication. Sometimes you can't judge youth based on the amount of time many scouts have.

10 hours ago, SaintRam said:

It's also a (more likely) possibility that Keiran is perceived to have the potential to be a good first team player, but it took the scouts an extended amount of time to find Gloucester.

:thumbsup:

It's been unsuccessful - according to the local rag.

The ex-Cheltenham Town youth team defender is said to have given a good account of himself, but the Rams have decided not to pursue their interest in signing him.

There are thought to be a number of other clubs closely monitoring his progress.

"Unfortunately it hasn't worked out with Derby, but the experience was second to none," Thomas said.

"Receiving such good feedback from professionals was a real boost."

Read more at http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/derby-county-decide-not-to-pursue-interest-in-gloucester-city-star/story-30301328-detail/story.html#sgQJ9HO4HZfSGihu.99

On 4/25/2017 at 12:21, VulcanRam said:

Keiran is the Solis to Luke's Wanchope

Although I remember the story at the time was that Ol' Jim thought Solis was set to be the star and Wanchope was coming in as company. All's well and all that...

5 minutes ago, NorwichExile said:

Although I remember the story at the time was that Ol' Jim thought Solis was set to be the star and Wanchope was coming in as company. All's well and all that...

Solis was a good player, but we could only play 3 non EU players and with Wanchope starting so well and Stimac and poom being regulars he never really got a chance. Played 110 times for Costa Rica.

16 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Played at anfield but we got tonked I think by 4.

Yep he did. Looked like he knew what he was doing just took forever to do it.

Liverpool fans came out moaning that they didn't win by 6 goals. All of them mumbling and grumbling, the ones that we heard anyway, whereas we came out laughing at what we had just seen (laugh or cry performance).

Just now, rynny said:

Yep he did. Looked like he knew what he was doing just took forever to do it.

Liverpool fans came out moaning that they didn't win by 6 goals. All of them mumbling and grumbling, the ones that we heard anyway, whereas we came out laughing at what we had just seen (laugh or cry performance).

Only the latest in a long line of disappointments at anfield. 

Until Alan harper and wanchope :D

Archived