Slooow Laptop - any techies out there?

Phoenix

Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I didnt want to start a new thread but wondering if anyone has ideas for resolving this.

I have a decent laptop, probably top of the range on Windows platform, but after the last update, my keyboard is...... well..... bolloxed.

I have to type very slowly or it misses letters. I have tried certain things, such as messing with filter keys and it doesn't resolve the issue.

It even affects backspace/delete if pressed too quickly.

any ideas?

Do you have an external keyboard you can try? This will help determine if its software or hardware related.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I didnt want to start a new thread but wondering if anyone has ideas for resolving this.

I have a decent laptop, probably top of the range on Windows platform, but after the last update, my keyboard is...... well..... bolloxed.

I have to type very slowly or it misses letters. I have tried certain things, such as messing with filter keys and it doesn't resolve the issue.

any ideas?

Incompatible drivers probably. Possibly for the keyboard, but could easily be for some other device that is interfering with it. Start by going to the manufacturers website and downloading and installing the latest set of drivers for the version of Windows you have.

24 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Do you have an external keyboard you can try? This will help determine if its software or hardware related.

no, I don't. But I think I fixed it. I basically went on the lenovo site, and installed a service bridge, ran a scan, which for some reason hadn't happened for 88 days?? Then installed a new bios. It appears to work and I can type fast as fook again now! :) 

10 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

any ideas?

Roll back the update? Look for a driver for the keyboard? Maybe try the creators edition update, see if it fixes itself?

24 minutes ago, David said:

He is a Windows/Android user, being slow and behind the times is the norm for @GboroRam

Im happy watching a slow forum and having enough money to feed and clothe myself, which I couldn't do if I was paying a second mortgage to pay for a MacBook.

On 7/4/2017 at 21:00, Mostyn6 said:

any ideas?

I had a load of problems after a Win10 update recently,but system restore seemed to fix it.

Its all gobbledygook to me.

If things go wrong......

1. turn it off and on again
  2. take the battery out and put it back in again
  3. lift the lid up and down
  4. try blowing down all the holes

its never worked but i still try it.

Sith Happens
6 hours ago, RamNut said:

Its all gobbledygook to me.

If things go wrong......

1. turn it off and on again
  2. take the battery out and put it back in again
  3. lift the lid up and down
  4. try blowing down all the holes

its never worked but i still try it.

Those two will acutally solve the majority of issues people have with computers.

On 4/7/2017 at 22:33, Mostyn6 said:

no, I don't. But I think I fixed it. I basically went on the lenovo site, and installed a service bridge, ran a scan, which for some reason hadn't happened for 88 days?? Then installed a new bios. It appears to work and I can type fast as fook again now! :) 

If you can type as fast as I fook you'll be finished in a few seconds 

Archived