Harry Houdini appointed Birmingham manager

Day

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Harry Redknapp will urge Birmingham to meet John Terry's £100,000-a-week wage demands and offer him a coaching role in a bid to convince him to drop into the Championship.

Looks like Houdini tries make another team to disappear from top divisions.

4 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Harry Redknapp will urge Birmingham to meet John Terry's £100,000-a-week wage demands and offer him a coaching role in a bid to convince him to drop into the Championship.

When I saw that Terry might be prepared to drop down a division he went up a little in my esteem. A player who had won everything possible at club level who was prepared to drop down a division to help a lesser club and lesser players improve themselves. Put a little bit back into the game that had given him so much. Yes he would want to be paid, but a symbolic amount that a smaller club could justify paying. Bow locks to that! He wants 100 grand a week!!! That's 5 million quid a year! Alright there would be no transfer fee involved for the club, but come on, 5 million quid! I'm sure that Dave Mackay got well paid when he joined Derby, but I bet that his wages wouldn't translate into a fifth of that. If Terry wants to give something back to the game, great. If he wants to milk a bit more out of it he should buggar off to China or the good old US of A where some sugar daddy can take all the credit for introducing another star name into their circus.

Sorry, I'm a bit of a traditionalist who thinks that football is the beautiful game and that there are still some footballers who are in it for the love of the game and want to say thank you for being given an opportunity that millions would have given anything for just a small bit of their good "fortune".

If you get promoted £5m is nothing, you can write that off as a wham bam thank ya mam. Is John Terry a player that would be the difference between promotion or not? No. 

With Rowett talking about not wanting Premier League players looking for a final pay cheque I would be hugely disappointed if we were even interested in Terry.

Let him milk Birmingham or which ever mug of 100k pw. 

7 hours ago, richinspain said:

When I saw that Terry might be prepared to drop down a division he went up a little in my esteem. A player who had won everything possible at club level who was prepared to drop down a division to help a lesser club and lesser players improve themselves. Put a little bit back into the game that had given him so much. Yes he would want to be paid, but a symbolic amount that a smaller club could justify paying. Bow locks to that! He wants 100 grand a week!!! That's 5 million quid a year! Alright there would be no transfer fee involved for the club, but come on, 5 million quid! I'm sure that Dave Mackay got well paid when he joined Derby, but I bet that his wages wouldn't translate into a fifth of that. If Terry wants to give something back to the game, great. If he wants to milk a bit more out of it he should buggar off to China or the good old US of A where some sugar daddy can take all the credit for introducing another star name into their circus.

Sorry, I'm a bit of a traditionalist who thinks that football is the beautiful game and that there are still some footballers who are in it for the love of the game and want to say thank you for being given an opportunity that millions would have given anything for just a small bit of their good "fortune".

When you put it like that, it's not actually that bad. £5m for a player of Terry's calibre is not a bad deal. If there was a fee involved you'd probably pay that and get a season or two out of him at this level, not counting the wages you'd pay for him on top of the fee. 

I supposenthr difference is, if you got two seasons out of him, it'd be £10m, but as Dave said, if it gets you promoted, and you've got the money, it's a gamble worth taking. 

But he won't be the difference between Birmingham gettingbpromoted or not. rowett was that difference, and they buggered that up. 

I agree, 5 million to get promoted really isn't a lot of money. 5 million in wages to one player who is what, 35 or 36?! As @Davidsays John Terry probably wouldn't be the difference between getting promoted or not. A club like Birmingham would need to buy several more players and those 5 million would pay a lot of players' wages. My original sentiments remain though. John Terry signing for a championship club for 5 million quid a year isn't giving something back to "grass roots" football, it's John Terry taking one last payday without having to uproot his family. I hope to God he doesn't sign for us, no matter if he could be the difference between promotion or not!

13 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Absolute classic Redknapp, doesn't give a f**k about the long term sustainability of a club. The owners are just as bonkers as he is if they sign off on that.

11 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Birmingham are waiting to hear from John Terry after offering him a 'stunning deal' to become their best-paid player ever.

:no:

Bankrupt another club?

triffick

Archived