Harry Houdini appointed Birmingham manager

Day

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Neil Warnock and Sam Alalrdyce already in jobs, was left very little choice. Exactly what they needed really, might not be a tactical magician but he knows how to get a team playing.

Interesting they haven't announced how long he's been appointed for, guessing it will be a stay up and have 1 season. 

25 minutes ago, David said:

With Neil Warnock and Sam Alalrdyce already in jobs, was left very little choice. Exactly what they needed really, might not be a tactical magician but he knows how to get a team playing.

Interesting they haven't announced how long he's been appointed for, guessing it will be a stay up and have 1 season. 

Pat Murphy saying he can't imagine Harry staying after the end of the season as it would take an awful lot of persuasion to get him managing again full time. 

2 hours ago, David said:

That's them safe.

Really? Villa away next, I'm sure they will revel in knocking the feelgood factor back down. Final home game Huddersfield hmm.

Redknapp pfft. Personally think it depends more on Blackburn getting results against Wolves away and Villa at home than anything Harry spendalot does.

All looks like going to the wire. Forest or Blackburn likely to save them more than Harry.

11 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Really? Villa away next, I'm sure they will revel in knocking the feelgood factor back down. Final home game Huddersfield hmm.

Redknapp pfft. Personally think it depends more on Blackburn getting results against Wolves away and Villa at home than anything Harry spendalot does.

All looks like going to the wire. Forest or Blackburn likely to save them more than Harry.

Their squad was flirting with play offs when Rowett was there, they have the players to do far better. Not saying they should be top 6 but they are massively underachieving down there, much like us under Pearson.

Villa have nothing to play for, Kodjia suspended, Redknapp feel good factor and fighting for survival will see them win on Sunday. 

3 minutes ago, David said:

Their squad was flirting with play offs when Rowett was there, they have the players to do far better. Not saying they should be top 6 but they are massively underachieving down there, much like us under Pearson.

Villa have nothing to play for, Kodjia suspended, Redknapp feel good factor and fighting for survival will see them win on Saturday. 

Sunday pedantic or what sorry lol 

11 minutes ago, David said:

Villa have nothing to play for, Kodjia suspended, Redknapp feel good factor and fighting for survival will see them win on Sunday. 

For sure under performing, possibly like ourselves under Pearson square pegs being asked to play in a round hole manner hasn't helped.

It's an interesting game Saturday( err Sunday :whistle: ) if I was a Villa I'd be roaring my team on. Wouldn't put money on it but I reckon Villa score (and they are much improved, the blues might crumble).

Either way, I'm not buying Harry will keep them up, Zola going and others around them struggling might, but I don't rate Harry that highly. If the squad is as half decent as you suggest (not disagreeing there), then anyone ought to improve them, if they go back to playing a style similar to what Rowett implemented.

More interest at the bottom of the table than top as a neutral.

3 hours ago, David said:

Or maybe they were massively overachieving under Rowett. Let's hope that's at least part of the reason for their dramatic collapse.

2 hours ago, Highgate said:

Or maybe they were massively overachieving under Rowett. Let's hope that's at least part of the reason for their dramatic collapse.

Zola was asked trying to change style of play.

Think Pearson for us (although Zola didn't have a month before the transfer window started, the transfer window and all of pre-season and was actually asked to change the style of play).

Interesting that he's only getting paid if they stay up and would not have been paid by Mel had we not made the play offs. 

Archived