Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

18 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I don't believe Derby would be so stupid as to loan martin out again.

Don't forget we may not have a choice. The debacle last January saw him sign an extended contract with us on higher wages, so he won't be cheap to buy. Other teams probably more keen on a loan deal than buying him. If no one is willing to meet the asking price, a loan is the only option we have (beyond keeping him)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, rynny said:

Sunderland after Jonathan Walters on loan, could mean they have been turned down. Hopefully Reading and Fulham have also.

Sunderland and Reading haven’t got two beans to rub together but Fulham have but don’t like to spend

9 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Serious question..........Nick Blackman is now doing well. Could he be the younger Nugent we need? Still our player.

He's doing alright in the Israeli league, which has recently taken that coveted 18th spot in the Uefa club coefficient having just pipped the Cypriot league.

We're stacked for strikers and he'd need to be doing a lot better to warrant a recall I reckon. Doubt we'll see him in a Derby shirt again.

Worryingly the Martin stories are buiding up a head of steam, perhaps even to dirty Leeds. I feel it's shortsighted and a tactical blunder, but it seems we must be very keen to get him off the wage bill. That new contract hasn't proved value for money so far.

If he does move on, it cannot be to a promotion rival, even if they offer us more. Having Bryson helping Cardiff is mad enough.

34 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Worryingly the Martin stories are buiding up a head of steam, perhaps even to dirty Leeds. I feel it's shortsighted and a tactical blunder, but it seems we must be very keen to get him off the wage bill. That new contract hasn't proved value for money so far.

If he does move on, it cannot be to a promotion rival, even if they offer us more. Having Bryson helping Cardiff is mad enough.

Hes not helping them much clogging up the treatment room!

I think that we can get automatic promotion with our present squad but I would definitely sign an experienced goalkeeper and one more hard working winger/forward eg Waghorn for his crosses.

If anyone does go then make sure that we replace him with a better player. No need to reduce the squad in my opinion.

If we loan someone out does it mean that they cannot be recalled?

2 hours ago, Topram said:

Who cares what league Nick Blackman is in... he's doing well and good on him! It didn't work out for him at Derby but that doesn't mean everywhere he goes he still isn't doing well because what league or team it is! 

Completely missing the point a bit aren't you. Someone said he's doing well in Israel so should we recall him, an obvious part of that discussion would be is the standard as good as the championship. If he was banging them in the Vanarama league or worse, the Scottish Prem, people would have a right to question the level if there was a discussion about his return.

It's not mindless hating on the man which you make it out as. There is a point to it as he is still a Derby player.

37 minutes ago, Rampage said:

I think that we can get automatic promotion with our present squad but I would definitely sign an experienced goalkeeper and one more hard working winger/forward eg Waghorn for his crosses.

If anyone does go then make sure that we replace him with a better player. No need to reduce the squad in my opinion.

If we loan someone out does it mean that they cannot be recalled?

No recalls outside the transfer window for senior players. Recalls in the January window are allowed subject to the terms of the original contract.  The only possible exception might be if we loaned out a goalkeeper to another club in an emergency (ie they had no available professional keepers).  It's possible that we could then recall him if our own keeping situation became desperate.

I don't think anything sums up Derby fans better than the fact people are actually calling for Blackman back if Martin goes.

Nice bloke I'm sure, glad he's doing well. But Jesus, give me strength - he's league 1/lower championship standard at best. 

2 minutes ago, mike93rh said:

I don't think anything sums up Derby fans better than the fact people are actually calling for Blackman back if Martin goes.

Nice bloke I'm sure, glad he's doing well. But Jesus, give me strength - he's league 1/lower championship standard at best. 

He’s an excellent player - skilled quick good in the air - was constantly played oop as a winger by managers here. His downfall was that he has the worst most unlucky sequence of finishing versus shots on goal that I’ve ever seen in the history of football. He was sort of jinxed with goalscoring. 

He has the tools. Rowett would prob make him a superstar as a number 9.

36 minutes ago, mike93rh said:

I'll be one of them then Mike. So what exactly sums me up? I try to look a bit deeper than the surface and factor in a few things. This is nothing whatsoever to do with if Martin stays or not. Its my opinion we need a very mobile energetic front man to rotate with & then take over from Nugent. Nick Blackman MAY have the tools in his locker AND he would cost no extra money. 

30 minutes ago, Ninos said:

He’s an excellent player - skilled quick good in the air - was constantly played oop as a winger by managers here. His downfall was that he has the worst most unlucky sequence of finishing versus shots on goal that I’ve ever seen in the history of football. He was sort of jinxed with goalscoring. 

He has the tools. Rowett would prob make him a superstar as a number 9.

Yes I thought Blackman looked good except for his final ball and his goal scoring . Which is a shame for a striker.

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Yes I thought Blackman looked good except for his final ball and his goal scoring . Which is a shame for a striker.

Right? It was kinda weird/funny that he always found a way to miss the target. Beggared belief at the time. Also seemed to work really hard too so hard to see what GR wouldn’t like if he came back.

Archived