Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

The problem is. Chrissy Martin is a good, established championship striker. And he deserves to be playing week in week out. He is not doing that here at DCFC. I don’t think he will be happy being 3rd/4th choice ST. So therefore he will want to move on and be playing regular football so the club have to help him do so

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Not unless there was someone already linedup to come in. Reports tonight 3 championship clubs have bid for Jack Marriott at Peterborough I'm probably putting 2+2 together and com8ng up with 5 !

I like him. Think he'd be a good signing 

Let's get rid of Chris Martin. He is overweight lazy and spends all his time on the floor.

He can't score 20 goals a season, he can't lead the line in an exhilarating promotion push where we lose at the final hurdle... he cant be a big reason why we are on course for promotion and so reliant on his goals that when he gets injured the wheels come off.....

Yeah release on a free I say..... having him around won't boost our chances of promotion.... much prefer bringing the electric Blackman back and when one of nuge or vyds gets injured we can bring him on to do the business.

Short memories some folk..... sigh 

10 minutes ago, Sat Atwal said:

Let's get rid of Chris Martin. He is overweight lazy and spends all his time on the floor.

He can't score 20 goals a season, he can't lead the line in an exhilarating promotion push where we lose at the final hurdle... he cant be a big reason why we are on course for promotion and so reliant on his goals that when he gets injured the wheels come off.....

Yeah release on a free I say..... having him around won't boost our chances of promotion.... much prefer bringing the electric Blackman back and when one of nuge or vyds gets injured we can bring him on to do the business.

Short memories some folk..... sigh 

"exhilarating promotion push where we lose at the final hurdle".....that was 3 seasons ago. 

Blackman will not be coming back do not worry. Guy just won the award for best player in Israeli league which is good at it might mean some value when we sell him. 

It would be good to get some money on Martin too. Hughes and Ince were also very important players but they sadly are gone now. I am sorry but Martin is no way better than those two. If Rowett feels he needs the money then why not? 

1 hour ago, Topram said:

Surely we won't get rid of Bent and Martin?? 

I think it's wrong to bracket Bent and Martin together. Letting Martin go while keeping Bent would be a bad outcome because Bent touches the ball fewer than 10 times over the course of a match.

Letting Bent go and keeping Martin and I don't think we'd notice Bent had gone. He's hardly played since his pre-season injury and I don't see he offers us anything that we dont get from Winnall, and Winnall gives us a lot more.

3 minutes ago, SilentRam said:

"exhilarating promotion push where we lose at the final hurdle".....that was 3 seasons ago. 

Blackman will not be coming back do not worry. Guy just won the award for best player in Israeli league which is good at it might mean some value when we sell him. 

It would be good to get some money on Martin too. Hughes and Ince were also very important players but they sadly are gone now. I am sorry but Martin is no way better than those two. If Rowett feels he needs the money then why not? 

The timing is why not. Not when we are 20 odd games away from promotion, we have only winnall if one of the other 2 get injured.

Why would we sell to a divisional rival in jan? Makes no sense whatsoever UNLESS we get a bid we can't refuse.... which I would say is 7m+

If rowett doesn't want him fair enough move on, but at the right time at the right price.

The ince and Hughes deals were horrific pieces of business. Ince for 8.5m when Pritchard is being talked about at 11m+ and hasn't done half of what Tom did in this league. As for Hughes don't even start me on that deal.

7 minutes ago, Sat Atwal said:

The timing is why not. Not when we are 20 odd games away from promotion, we have only winnall if one of the other 2 get injured.

Why would we sell to a divisional rival in jan? Makes no sense whatsoever UNLESS we get a bid we can't refuse.... which I would say is 7m+

If rowett doesn't want him fair enough move on, but at the right time at the right price.

The ince and Hughes deals were horrific pieces of business. Ince for 8.5m when Pritchard is being talked about at 11m+ and hasn't done half of what Tom did in this league. As for Hughes don't even start me on that deal.

I would say they were the best two deals we have made. 

30 minutes ago, Sat Atwal said:

Short memories some folk..... sigh 

That is what they are..... memories 

Similar to the Hughes/Ince deals, if we can sell Martin and generate funds for Rowett to put his touch further on the team then I'm all for it. 

Still a big fan of CM, quality player at this level and will always be fond of his time here regardless of what happens. 

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Still think Chris Martin has a part to play in the promotion push that's coming. He gives us another very good option compared with all the other strikers. Very happy for Bent to leave but if I were Rowett I'd keep Martin this window.

I am a big fan of Chris Martin, however I’m not sure he will have much of a part to play barring injuries. As every game passes without getting on the pitch or a small cameo at best. His sharpness and indeed fitness will drop. Then, when a chance in the team comes,  he won’t be able to make the most of it. It’s pretty clear Gary doesn’t rate him, or at best rates him as 4 th best option. Not a slight on player or manager. Just sometimes in football players and tactics don’t always gel. I’m of the conclusion, sadly I may add that it’s possibly best all round, if he moves on. Especially if we can get some money to allow Gary to bring in someone as a replacement 

24 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I would say they were the best two deals we have made. 

Have to agree, whilst we possibly didn’t get as much money for them as some would have liked it meant we could break up the squad and build a team.

Ince could find himself on the bench when Pritchard comes in who knows.

How much would we realistically be looking at for Martin? Baring in mind he’s just signed a big, long term contract. Didn’t Fulham have the option to buy for £7/8m? I’d assume it would have to be around the same to buy his contract out. 

2 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Have to agree, whilst we possibly didn’t get as much money for them as some would have liked it meant we could break up the squad and build a team.

Ince could find himself on the bench when Pritchard comes in who knows.

How much would we realistically be looking at for Martin? Baring in mind he’s just signed a big, long term contract. Didn’t Fulham have the option to buy for £7/8m? I’d assume it would have to be around the same to buy his contract out. 

Think he signed is contract last Jan so still got two years left Bearing in mind his age I would have thought £4Million  But I would be very surprised if he goes I would be surprised if anybody would match his salary 

6 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Think he signed is contract last Jan so still got two years left Bearing in mind his age I would have thought £4Million  But I would be very surprised if he goes I would be surprised if anybody would match his salary 

If somebody signs Chris Martin for £4m in January they have gotten themselves an absolute bargain! 

I like Martin, think on his day he is one of the best Strikers in the league, but in all honesty he doesn't fit Rowett's style. In a Mac 4-3-3 the whole team was geared to Martin, but since then the team has seemingly outgrown Martin. He's surplus to us but would make a good signing for another team.

I say get rid for 3-7 Million, use the money to get either a young/Nugent-esque replacement from a lesser team, (or another position such as left back, wing etc)

6 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

3d6c63b1b2fb052957c0061765def773.png

A loan, again? Really? 

Really annoyed if he goes out on loan. I would rather we sell him and just move on. Tired of is he good enough or not and if we do stumble, fans will claim it is because he was sent on loan etc. Either keep or sell, but loaning out is in my humble opinion the worst of the three options

If Fulham get him there is no way in high heaven they’ll do a loan after what we put them through last time lol. To Fulham he should go on a perm even if it’s a cheaper fee, as it seems increasingly apparent that Sunderland and Reading are loan moves.

Archived