Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ninos said:

No surprises there. Staams Reading pass the ball forever, Jokanovic and the Khans still like him and he likes them, and Coleman just wants an overhaul. 

Sunderland have no cash, Jokanovic seems intent on alienating the club and Board at Fulham (looking for all the world like hes engineering an exit) and Stam's mob are languishing closer to the bottom than the top.

Not saying a move to one of those won't happen, but the odds don't look particularly short in my view. Reading probably the best bet as they have a couple of pacy wide players and are probably closest in configuration to Derby 2013-14, when Martin flourished.

21 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Sunderland have no cash, Jokanovic seems intent on alienating the club and Board at Fulham (looking for all the world like hes engineering an exit) and Stam's mob are languishing closer to the bottom than the top.

Not saying a move to one of those won't happen, but the odds don't look particularly short in my view. Reading probably the best bet as they have a couple of pacy wide players and are probably closest in configuration to Derby 2013-14, when Martin flourished.

You’re right on Sunderland so the inquiry is prob a loan jobbie 

9 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Would be good moves for both players....altho sorry to see things not work out for either of them. 

Chris to fulham would be bizarre. 

Not bizarre really Ramnut. Unless it’s a season long loan with option to buy. That would be yes but Both Martin and Fulham spoke well of one another and Martin spoke recently of his friendships there. He fits them sort of, in that they think attack first ... and their only bitterness was towards us as a club and our undermining - presumably directed at characters no longer at our club.

26 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Still think Chris Martin has a part to play in the promotion push that's coming. He gives us another very good option compared with all the other strikers. Very happy for Bent to leave but if I were Rowett I'd keep Martin this window.

With you on that but for me it's a money thing. I like CM. He isn't a great fit with the current tactics but he has considerable qualities that offer something for the team.

if we get a good offer then fine, good luck Chris ( and a huge thank you )  but if not then why can't he be a quality back up / option ? 

55 minutes ago, Ryan O'Meara said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Had we not brought back the Mac, Chrissy Martin would probably be a Fulham player right now, and we would be 8 million quid richer. Think we'll only get half of that now 

Contrastingly, if we hadn’t sacked Mac then Martin would probably be as important to us as Vydra is now and we’d be smashing it out with the 4-3-3.

McClaren would have entered the summer with Martin, Ince, Hughes and Thorne on his staff, all fit together playing for him for the first time since summer 2014...

But then we’d have probably sold off Vydra for a few million to Sheff Utd or something, so who knows. Can’t complain with Gaz though, life’s pretty good in the shithouse so far.

Don’t think this is anything we didn’t know 2-3 days ago just that little bit of Rowett stuff got in the way.

Not gonna keep going over my thoughts on this, although I think it’s interesting how quickly this thread hots up at any hint of news where the Nugent thread has ticked along quite slowly...

To be honest, I just want Rowett to say something on the situation.  It’s been quiet and RamsTV haven’t pushed the question (obvs), Ramage’s love in with Vydra/Nugent stops them from forming any debate or questioning and the DET have largely taken a back seat.

Archived