Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

His only contributions so far this season have been helping us see out games  by holding the ball up. He scored only one goal and that counted for nothing as we were 4-1 down with 90 mins gone. I like Martin but he does look surplus to requirements unless we get injuries. 

Sounds OK.  His usp is as a hold up forward who's only use is to give us a reliable out ball and to bring others into play.

Which makes sense as to why he might be of use on the bench or in certain games as a "horse for a course".

What is less clear is why GR used vydra from the bench in that lone forward role when he possesses none of the attributes that would have been most useful to the team.

@Ninos repeatedly asserts that Martin offers nothing. I beg to differ.

16 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

he has looked poor in his last couple of end of match inclusions. He'd benefit from a couple of under 23 games to get that sharpness back.

you're probably right but some would refer to it as a further insult making him play with the kids (so to speak)

You find out in difficult times how much you’re loved and appreciated ... so ...

Gary Rowett, you’re a legend in the making and we love you :wub: Please Stay!

(mind you, what do you see in Martin that we don’t ? ? lol ... holds ball up yeah yeah yeah we know lol)

I think, even as a Martin fan it might be time to get rid. He deserves to get first team football in the starting 11, and his chances are Derby are unfortunately decreasing each game, with him being used less and less. Now might be the time to sell. Martin's been a great servant for us, and easily one of our best players in our best footballing period in the last 10 years, of McClaren 13/14. 

Archived