Jesse 100k pw Lingard

Day

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's not being paid for his quality.

He's being paid to help Man Utd meet their squad quote for homegrown players. The guys calling the business shots would rather spend relatively big on average players to meet rules like that over paying the extortionate fees they currently have to spend on actual high quality British players.

Homegrown rule is getting average British players PAID - not improving the quality of them overall. 

I do wonder how much of our view on Lingard is because of his really poor spell with us and the fact that he seems a massive cockwomble.  Don't get me wrong he is not a good player at all but I just wonder.

He really is the modern day Tom Cleverley.  Only in the England squad because he is a United player.

1 hour ago, Davide said:

Maybe he's developed a lot since the loan at Derby but I found him to be a promising but frustrating player when he was here. No end product, poor decision making. His best asset was running at people and with the ball however. 

In some Man U games on tv this year he has looked very ordinary - but there have been times that he has really taken the opposition apart.

At the end of the day, he's a fairly regular starter in a top team, and if they think he commands that salary, then who am I to argue?

Archived