Jesse 100k pw Lingard

Day

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, David said:

Media are reporting Antonio wants 70k at West Ham, Birmingham Mail say Lansbury is on 40k. 

Worrying times as the knock on effect will be huge. 

TBF to Antonio, he's their top scorer this season and appears to be in contention for POTY.  Whereas Lingard is a bit part player/impact sub at best.  I don't mind good players earning that kind of money, just galls me when it's bang average ones rolling in it...

I don't know how accurate Football Manager is in terms of wages and TV money, but I was reading that on there that teams even in the bottom half regularly make around £8 million per month just through TV revenue and PL sponsors and average wage bills are at least £60 million per year, or £5 million per month.

If that's true, even for a club like Crystal Palace or Stoke City, then a squad of 18 top players will probably average around £70,000 a week, with the very best closer to £100,000 or more and lower-end around £40,000.

I have no idea how accurate that is, but considering a few Derby players are on £30,000 a week or more, then it's probably not far off. It's an incredible amount for really average players.

Illustrates everything that's wrong with modern football at the top level.

With salaries accounting for such a high percentage of annual expenditure, I don't see how the current trend can be sustainable - if, for whatever reason, SKY pull out then a number of ' big' clubs could well find themselves with a financial nightmare on their hands.

7 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I don't know how accurate Football Manager is in terms of wages and TV money, but I was reading that on there that teams even in the bottom half regularly make around £8 million per month just through TV revenue and PL sponsors and average wage bills are at least £60 million per year, or £5 million per month.

If that's true, even for a club like Crystal Palace or Stoke City, then a squad of 18 top players will probably average around £70,000 a week, with the very best closer to £100,000 or more and lower-end around £40,000.

I have no idea how accurate that is, but considering a few Derby players are on £30,000 a week or more, then it's probably not far off. It's an incredible amount for really average players.

You'd be surprised. I do believe United once actually tried to found out how they were so accurate! 

I remember Sports Interactive's gaffer tweeting Bryson congratulating him on his new contract a few days before it was announced and at a time when it looked like he was as good as gone. 

Bloody Jimmy Hill *shakes fist*.

IMO its about time football bought wage caps back, when average players are earning more in a week than an average person earns in a year something needs to change.

A club wage cap would be nice, like they do in other sports that way star players can still get paid more.  Might be nice if some of the saved cash got ploughed back into grass roots or cheaper tickets too. 

I just wonder how players like hector must feel.

He was a postman for years when he should really have been a millionaire

he even fell out with the club over deductions to his testimonial money.

i remember mcgovern saying how clough and taylor screwed the players in wage negotiations. In later years apparently brian clough acknowledged that he regretted that.

Don't rate him at all but I think the reason why he failed here was down to attitude more than anything. Brighton fans said the same thing. Ibe wanted to actually come here and learn whereas I got the feeling with lingard that he was only here because he was almost forced to.

With players like Messi, Neymar and Ronaldo I can fully understand why they're paid so highly. Not only are they the best at what they do, better than some 6 billion others, they also help their clubs earn millions through other means and are generally treated as global superstars. They deserve it, unique talent.

But Lingaard getting 100k per week. An average player like that... Is such a sick joke.

In one month he could earn enough for an average Mexican to be set up for life, have their children set up for life and probably another 5 generations afterwards.

Seriously, Lingaard...! English football has gone.

Archived