Danny Buijs - ADO Den Haag

CumbrianRam

Davies got a year extension Based on his attitude, and has stayed fit since his return. Similar to what we offered Buijs

Maybe lessons have been learnt. After all no new deal for Hospital.

With Davies I was thinking more in terms of when we signed him. Hadn't he been out for most of the season before with injury? It's obviously a change in attitude and probably one that I agree with, which is why I'm glad to see Davies stay another year, and equally glad to see Porter going. Nothing against Porter, but he makes Darren Anderton look like a picture of health!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With Davies I was thinking more in terms of when we signed him. Hadn't he been out for most of the season before with injury? It's obviously a change in attitude and probably one that I agree with, which is why I'm glad to see Davies stay another year, and equally glad to see Porter going. Nothing against Porter, but he makes Darren Anderton look like a picture of health!

Not too sure about his past before us, but I think NC has a good attitude towards players injuries and contracts.

Even anderson who came to us after a long lay off was in my opinion a good deal. He played well and showed no signs of the injury that he had before joining. The injuries this year are unrelated to that one too.

Hopefully he will stay fit next season, with him Addison and Barker fully fit we have decent centre halves. Buxton a decent squad player, a good centre half like Ayala on loan, who would be ahead of Buxton, would sort out cover for injuries and suspension. I say loan because we have 4 at the club permanently who can do a job, and Buxton could step in for a few games and do a job if required.

I think with Anderson, didn't we take him on a short-term deal originally? Much like we wanted to do with Bujis I guess. Only Anderson wasn't part of the picture at Sunderland whereas Bujis was still at ADO, hence the reluctance to accept the shorter-term deal.

Barker, Addison, Green - would love to get them all fit and consistently in the first team again.

Ayala on a season-long loan would be a good bit of business IMO, he was easily our most composed and assured defender yesterday.

Next season I'd expect Barker and Ayala as centrebacks, Brayford at RB and A.N.Other at LB. Only trouble with that is if we keep Roberts as cover at LB - he doesn't seem to cope too well with competition - it was only after Moxey went that he started to improve.

i wouldnt 'expect' ayala back at all.

if we get him, then clough has seriously got some good relations with dalglish and has worked a minor miracle.

there were liverpool fans a month or 2 back, asking for them to recall ayala because hes better than who they have, once they get an injury or two.

• 4 weeks later...

All gone a bit quiet on this move. Could be the deal is on the cards and won't be announced until July. Maybe Clough has moved on to other targets after his agent haggled for more cash again. Seems like alot of trouble to take over a delegation including Appleby if we were not that intent on pushing through a deal. He would fit into the bracket of Leader, having been a captain at Den Haag previously. Also would provide cover for Brayford and Bailey.

All gone a bit quiet on this move. Could be the deal is on the cards and won't be announced until July. Maybe Clough has moved on to other targets after his agent haggled for more cash again. Seems like alot of trouble to take over a delegation including Appleby if we were not that intent on pushing through a deal. He would fit into the bracket of Leader, having been a captain at Den Haag previously. Also would provide cover for Brayford and Bailey.

International players can't sign until the international window opens. It's just domestic transfers that can happen as soon as the season finishes.

Does that apply to Chris Maguire then ?

It would but he is out of contract so is free to talk to other clubs and sign. The fee payable is for compensation, not a transfer fee, so is no reason not to sign. If necessary it will go to tribunal. I guess the rush for medical is to get that negotiation sorted quickly.

It would but he is out of contract so is free to talk to other clubs and sign. The fee payable is for compensation, not a transfer fee, so is no reason not to sign. If necessary it will go to tribunal. I guess the rush for medical is to get that negotiation sorted quickly.

No doubt other clubs have been sniffing around. Why is everything so open these days? I remember when the paper came and you had signed a new player that you knew nothing about at all! I suppose it is the digital age and all that, shame really as the agents and the current club now hold all the cards

Archived