Danny Buijs - ADO Den Haag

CumbrianRam

ADO Den Haag captain Danny Buijs has set his sights on a move to England after being linked with Derby.

The Rams have reportedly enquired about the possibility of taking the versatile midfielder on loan, with ADO insisting that was not an option.

It is now understood that Derby are considering a permanent move for the 27-year-old Dutchman.

Buijs admits the prospect of playing in the Championship is one he finds very appealing.

"To play in England would be fantastic," he told De Telegraaf.

"I don't expect a club from the Premier League would want me, so this is a big chance."

Buijs sampled the atmosphere of an English match when he attended the goalless draw between Newcastle and Derby on Monday.

"Accidently I have made a trip with my wife to England," he explained.

"There I have watched Newcastle United versus Derby County without having any contact with the people of Derby County.

"I had already planned this trip. The atmosphere in Newcastle's stadium was amazing."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_5818923,00.html

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://i49.tinypic.com/4zu3if" border="0" alt="Image and video hosting by TinyPic"></a>Bit more info : - Derby County are rumoured to be interested in signing Ado Den Hagg midfielder Danny Buijs. The 27 year-old is a former Feyenoord player but moved to Den Hagg on a permanent basis last January following a short loan spell at the club.

The Rams had asked if Buijs was available on a loan basis but the Dutch club were not having any of that and insisted that Derby prepared a firm bid for his signature if they have any hopes of taking him to Derby. No fee was mentioned but his transfer from Feyenoord less than a year ago was for a nominal fee and the Rams will be hoping that a low bid will secure the move.

Buijs recently saw the Rams in their draw at St James' Park against Newcastle. The visit was pre-arranged and not thought to be in connection with any move. Danny was said to have been suitably impressed with the game, atmosphere and Derby County...

On the DET: ADO Den Haag skipper Danny Buijs is believed to be a target for Derby County in the current transfer window.

The 27-year-old is a right-back or defensive midfielder.

Derby are keen to add competition at right-back and are likely to renew their interest in Crewe's John Brayford, a player they tried to sign in the summer for that position.

Paul Connolly is the Rams' only recognised right-back now that Swedish international Fredrik Stoor has returned to Fulham following his loan spell.

Derby played Dutch club Den Haag in a friendly in November but Buijs was injured.

He joined them from Feyenoord for a nominal fee a year ago and signed a two-year deal, although there could be a buy-out clause in his contract.

The Rams are thought to have asked about taking Buijs on loan but Den Haag said they would only consider selling the player.

Derby would need to fork out transfer fees to land either Buijs or Brayford on a permanent basis.

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/sport/Rams-sights-Dutch-defender/article-1667846-detail/article.html

Archived