Michael Symes - Accrington Stanley

CumbrianRam

Skysports.com understands Derby are lining up a move for Accrington hot-shot Michael Symes.

Symes has been attracting the interest of a host of clubs higher up the football pyramid after an impressive season at Accrington.

The former Everton youngster has netted 13 goals so far this season and Accrington are facing a fight to keep hold of the 26-year-old.

Derby are keen to bolster their attacking options and they are believed to have watched Symes in action this season.

The Rams could firm up their interest with a bid in the transfer window, with Accrington unlikely to be able to reject a sizeable offer.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5818794,00.html

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michael Symes, a target for the Rams has been offered a new contract by his club in an effort to keep him at Accrington Stanley.

Derby County must be swift if they are to persuade Accrington Stanley striker Michael Symes to join them, as the Owd Red's manager John Colman has offered a new contract to the player this week.

The length of the contract has not been made public but the move does seem to suggest that Accrington are keen to keep the 26 year-old at their club. It is now up to Symes to decide if he wants to stay at the League Two side or take a gamble if a bid comes in from Nigel Clough.

Derby County are said to have been interested in Symes for a while and the 6 foot three inch striker has a reasonable strike rate, all be it at a lower level of football than the Rams.

http://www.derbycounty-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/rams_target_offered_new_contract_480184/index.shtml

Accrington Stanley's in-form striker Michael Symes has revealed he is in no rush to sign a new deal with the League Two club

The former Everton trainee has impressed for Stanley this season after scoring 13 goals in just 26 outings.

Symes, who has been awarded the PFA Fans' League Two Player of the Month award for December, has been linked with a move to Championship side Derby in recent weeks.

However, the 26-year-old insists any transfer talk is just mere speculation and that he is going to wait before deciding on his long-term future.

He told Sky Sports: "I'm happy to sign, but I'm just going to wait until the end of January and see what happens.

"I'm aware of the interest, although it's just speculation. I'm just going to keep my options open for now before deciding."

Archived