Mr Nugent

Day

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great hat trick by Mr Nugent, he never stops working, so pleased we signed him, you can see why all the fans of his old clubs rate him so much, the guy just gives his all, and you can see clearly by the smile on his face, how much he enjoys the game, deffo a fans favourite in the making. He scores when he wants, he score when he wants, he's David Nugent and he scores when he wants.

Well he rats around defenders, makes runs in behind, never stops!

Martin stands still and falls over!

Not entirely true... always been a big fan of Chrissy...leading goalscorer in the past two or three seasons can't be wrong...

The two up front together next season might be interesting!

10 minutes ago, DerbyMark said:

Well he rats around defenders, makes runs in behind, never stops!

Martin stands still and falls over!

Not entirely true... always been a big fan of Chrissy...leading goalscorer in the past two or three seasons can't be wrong...

The two up front together next season might be interesting!

Personally I feel as though the runners (Russell and Weimann) will benefit more from Martin whilst the footballers (Vydra and Thomas) will benefit more from Nuge. 

I'm not sure Chrissy and Nuge would mesh particularly well however they'd be lethal if they did!

Just now, Sparkle said:

The pen was saved to be fair and he does have a good record with them

True but if one player is the nominated wotsit then don't meddle with the doo-dah....plus vydra won the pen.....plus vydra needs the goals too.....looked a bit greedy.

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

True but if one player is the nominated wotsit then don't meddle with the doo-dah....plus vydra won the pen.....plus vydra needs the goals too.....looked a bit greedy.

I don't mind anyone taking them if they go in, but it was a good save

20 minutes ago, RamNut said:

he's a goal scorer we should expect him to be greedy, probably something that was missing from the team 

I wanted Nugent to take it. I said I've not seen him miss a Penalty before so he'll probably miss. I also said that when Bent took that penalty which could of helped us on last game of the season 'Bent has never missed I don't think watch him miss this one'.

I really should be quiet from now on...

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

I don't mind anyone taking them if they go in, but it was a good save

Rowett wasn't too happy about it judging from his post match interview on RD

"looked like Nuge took the ball of Vydz. I don't know what happened there but we'll make sure we know before the game in future." 

Obviously he didn't make a big song and dance about it but he definitely made a point of mentioning it. 

3 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Just what we've been missing a bit of muscle .thought he held their two defenders off well for the third goal.

I remember when Billy Davies tried to sign him from Portsmouth not long after they'd bought him some tabloid described him as a player who 'bulldozed' his way through defences. That goal typified that.

Pleased for him and us. Exciting battle for starting spots next year. You get the sense that if you've earned the shirt it's yours to lose. No bad thing as long as it's consistent.

Healthy competition built around wider squad unity. That's what GR has to build and players like Nugent seem to exemplify that.

It's funny how we go from can't buy a goal to our forward line being one of the tastiest prospects going!

Having a positive style of play and attacking intent makes our forwards jobs easier. Who knew?

17 hours ago, cannable said:

We did a job on Fulham, they weren't ****, we did a very good job on them. They weren't gifts, they were earned. 

Well earned yes I agree. However The first goal the keeper rushed out when shouldn't of and his 3rd the keeper kicked it at him leaving him a run towards an empty goal so my point was most keepers won't make it that easy for him. 

Like I said I'm really warming to him so don't take it as a negative post.

Archived