EBay problem

Sith Happens

Sith Happens

Any experienced ebayers any advice on a problem I have with an order I have had from eBay.

I ordered an av sender and receiver kit for sending TV signals. It clearly stated in the ad that it was one sender and two receivers. 

I received it and only contains one if each so I contacted to say not right.

They asked for photos of the packaging which I have sent, and for the 3rd time today they claim they are not receiving the photos, also note the order on eBay now says one receiver. It seems wrong they can change this after an order placed.

I have an email of the order which clearly shows 2 receivers so have sent a copy if this too.

Do I have to wait so long to put a PayPal claim in? Will they accept my email as evidence?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not PayPal you go to it's eBay resolution centre, open a case, attach your proof, everything that's happened, they have a chance to respond, if they don't within X amount of time eBay will issue a refund. If they do reply I think you go back and forth for a certain amount of time before eBay then steps in, reads everything and makes a decision 

As David says, open an item "doesn't match description case".

If the seller has changed an order/description after purchase, eBay can see this, so there's no need to worry.

It's something like an 8 day process , to give the seller the opportunity to resolve the problem.

It might be easier to just return the item and but elsewhere.

Sith Happens
16 minutes ago, Bound 2 tease said:

If the seller has changed an order/description after purchase, eBay can see this, so there's no need to worry.

It's something like an 8 day process , to give the seller the opportunity to resolve the problem.

Its from China so returning might not be an option?

Sith Happens
19 hours ago, David said:

Open a resolution, chances are they will just refund you straight away to protect their account, as it's from China probably cost them 50p to make anyway

Have done. They emailed me this morning saying photos recieved but asking do i mean i didnt get the transmitter. They know full well what my issue is but seem to be delfecting.

I have told them I have opened a resolution and will leave negative feedback if a resolution not arrived at by the end of the week.

38 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Never buy anything that needs shipping from China. The vast majority of purchase issues on ebay stem from purchases from China.

Huge issues with copyright, forgery, etc

Any chance you can talk to my missus? I've tried to tell her this thousands of times, saying that, the fact she didn't think that a Pandora ring for £5 which retails at over £200 was odd and that she had found a bargain you might be wasting your time.

A ring did come, looked as much as a like as Frank Bruno and Timmy Mallet did.

Sith Happens
24 minutes ago, David said:

Any chance you can talk to my missus? I've tried to tell her this thousands of times, saying that, the fact she didn't think that a Pandora ring for £5 which retails at over £200 was odd and that she had found a bargain you might be wasting your time.

You mean Frank and Timmy aren't brothers? 

36 minutes ago, David said:

I know how you feel, very hard to change a mindset that sees 'bargain' to one that thinks 'too good to be true'.

12 hours ago, McRamFan said:

I know how you feel, very hard to change a mindset that sees 'bargain' to one that thinks 'too good to be true'.

Know the feeling, bought a years subscription to watch exciting football played the Derby way according to the sales blurb. Only received boring negative football most of the time.

• 2 weeks later...
Sith Happens
On 29/03/2017 at 11:54, David said:

It's not PayPal you go to it's eBay resolution centre, open a case, attach your proof, everything that's happened, they have a chance to respond, if they don't within X amount of time eBay will issue a refund. If they do reply I think you go back and forth for a certain amount of time before eBay then steps in, reads everything and makes a decision 

On 29/03/2017 at 12:00, Bound 2 tease said:

So...

I got an offer of £8.00 refund which i declined saying it wasnt what i ordered and i wanted the correct item despatching or enough refund to purchase the missing elements.

Several days of 'please accept our £8.00' and i said no.

Now they say ok do a return, but expect me to pay for it to china and will refund me once they receive it....no way am i happy doing that.

Have gone back and now suggested they give me £12.50 refund just to close it off.

Do I have to return it and pay this myself if they now stand their ground? It seems like an easy way for me to lose the items and more money.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

So...

I got an offer of £8.00 refund which i declined saying it wasnt what i ordered and i wanted the correct item despatching or enough refund to purchase the missing elements.

Several days of 'please accept our £8.00' and i said no.

Now they say ok do a return, but expect me to pay for it to china and will refund me once they receive it....no way am i happy doing that.

Have gone back and now suggested they give me £12.50 refund just to close it off.

Do I have to return it and pay this myself if they now stand their ground? It seems like an easy way for me to lose the items and more money.

Did you know the item was from China, some list items in the UK with mainly UK holding mail addresses claiming to be delivered from the UK, if so you have a get out clause because you wasn't aware the item was from China (as per listing), another route is unless the item is genuine, claim the item has a fake CE mark and thus counterfeit, most items from China have fake Kite marks,CE or even copycat packaging as the genuine item, not many China sellers have a legal footing in the UK.

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, LesterRam said:

Did you know the item was from China, some list items in the UK with mainly UK holding mail addresses claiming to be delivered from the UK, if so you have a get out clause because you wasn't aware the item was from China (as per listing), another route is unless the item is genuine, claim the item has a fake CE mark and thus counterfeit, most items from China have fake Kite marks,CE or even copycat packaging as the genuine item, not many China sellers have a legal footing in the UK.

Yeah i knew to be honest. Although the ad did have a union jack on it lol.

Its still been advertised incorrectly, it stated 2 receivers and only had 1 and they have amended it on ebay since but i have an email confirming its 2.

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Yeah i knew to be honest. Although the ad did have a union jack on it lol.

Its still been advertised incorrectly, it stated 2 receivers and only had 1 and they have amended it on ebay since but i have an email confirming its 2.

Why not just sit it out? Let ebay adjudicate. It's only  £12.50. It'll cost more than that to send back.

Archived