DCFC Fans Player of the Season 16/17

Day

DCFC Fans Player of the Season 16/17  

221 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ince has had the most shots and the most shots on target in the Championship this season, without him we would have the fewest shots and shots on target in the division - the latter by some distance too. 

He's been vital for us this season, and he's carried us going forward through a lot of games. Carson, as good as he's been, hasn't had the same influence. 

Easy decision. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

I see what you've done there. But actually you're wrong. Keogh's astonishing goal line clearance against West Brom will always be one of this season's highlights and was a remarkable save.

I thought his cracking save against Wendies was better :ph34r:

I'd give it Carson. Consistent, reliable and also a match winner on his day. Over a 46 game season he'll have probably had 40 good games. That's consistency at it's best. 

Why I wouldn't give it Ince: I appreciate he's been our most potent attacker and has single handily won us points but over the course of the season he's only done that in what, 20 games, if that? Now I'm not expecting him to produce the goods every week and score 25+ but there's probably more games than not where he's not really effected the game. Compared to Carson he isn't as consistent. Ince's season didn't start until November and whilst he's done the damage it hasn't been over an actual season. 

I understand people like a flashy, in the goals player to give it to every year so won't begrudge Ince winning it, I just feel Carson deserves it more. 

5 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I'd give it Carson. Consistent, reliable and also a match winner on his day. Over a 46 game season he'll have probably had 40 good games. That's consistency at it's best. 

Why I wouldn't give it Ince: I appreciate he's been our most potent attacker and has single handily won us points but over the course of the season he's only done that in what, 20 games, if that? Now I'm not expecting him to produce the goods every week and score 25+ but there's probably more games than not where he's not really effected the game. Compared to Carson he isn't as consistent. Ince's season didn't start until November and whilst he's done the damage it hasn't been over an actual season. 

I understand people like a flashy, in the goals player to give it to every year so won't begrudge Ince winning it, I just feel Carson deserves it more. 

Good comment. But at the same time, it's much easier to be consistent in goal as it's not that much effected how we or opponent play. Keeping that in mind, for a winger Ince has been very consistent.

14 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Good comment. But at the same time, it's much easier to be consistent in goal as it's not that much effected how we or opponent play. Keeping that in mind, for a winger Ince has been very consistent.

A dodgy keeper can lead to a nervous defence which will have an effect on the midfield and so on. Knowing you have a safe pair of hands behinds you allows you not to worry about losing concentration with things like set pieces without costin......oh wait

On 30/03/2017 at 19:46, Mr Brightside said:

Ince by a mile for me. Carson's distribution far too slow preventing us hitting teams on the break.

Foot, meet bullet

56 minutes ago, eddie said:

Changed my mind.

Ince it is.

I voted for Carson because he has been incredibly consistent but Ince has been superb in spells, and more than adequate the rest of the time. It's a very close one for me, not as clear cut as some are saying (yes Ince will win it and probably by a landslide of votes), then again Carson's assist yesterday may have nudged him a bit closer ?

Archived