DCFC Fans Player of the Season 16/17

Day

DCFC Fans Player of the Season 16/17  

221 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, David said:

Just looked Cyrus Christie won it last year, so I'm guessing it's under 23's, Hughes or Lowe then.

They also have a save of the year, reckon Carson has that one in the bag already

I see what you've done there. But actually you're wrong. Keogh's astonishing goal line clearance against West Brom will always be one of this season's highlights and was a remarkable save.

Unsurprisingly I voted for Ince, but honourable mentions go to Baird and Carson.

I'm guessing that whoever voted for de Sart has only been to one game (West Brom) all season. I will grant that he was outstanding in that game but the pendulum has certainly swung the other way since.

2 hours ago, Parsnip said:

You know you've had a crap season when  your keeper is player of the year.

Not necessarily. According to Wikipedia four keepers have won it:

Poom 99-00 (finished 16th in prem)

Taylor 93-94 (6th in championship)

Cherry 82-83 (13th in championship)

Jones 80-81 (6th in championship)

A bad year is when the fans win it. 

Carson for me followed by Ince. Carson appeared in every league game so far and has looked the best keeper we've had for a long time. Ince has been involved in 37 of the 38 and has at times dazzled and put in a shift. Honourable mention to Pearce - taking his chance and has the 5th highest appearances and not looked out of place.

3 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I don't see how you can possibly vote for anyone other than Ince.

I can certainly see people voting for Carson.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

I can certainly see people voting for Carson.

I think he has been solid but not inspirational. I tend to base my call for player of the season on who I believe won us the most points. I can certainly see how a good keeper can be in that conversation but I think any good keeper at this level could do what Carson does. Not a criticism but my view.

Archived