Craig Ramage, who would you keep?

unclej

To avoid 'bagging out' players, Craig Ramage has shied away from mentioning anyone that needs to be shifted from this team, but he has identified the squad is too big and needs to be cropped.  I feel this is more about avoiding any future personal embarrassment for his nibs when coming across anyone he identifies.  If this is the case I am even more sure he himself should be shifted in the summer.  I've never known a man talk so much but say so little. 

On tonight's phone in, which has now been cut to less than 30minutes because of the addition of a Burton section, he was asked, directly, Who would you keep?  He was not able to identify anyone for a list of keepers, and simply stammered.

It got me thinking.  Hughes? Thorne? Johnson? Fozzy? Ince? Carson? Vydra?  We may see a completely different back four next season.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To keep (imo)

Carson

Ince

Hughes 

Johnson 

Martin 

Vydra

Nugent

Russell

Christie

Thorne

Lowe

Fozzy

Shackell

Keogh

Butterfield

Anya

!Whilst they are an independent news organisation they do need to keep a good working relationship with the club. They have to find a balance.

Ramage listing 6 or 7 players he thinks we should get rid off would go down like a dose of salts, especially whilst the season is still going. I imagine at the end of the season there he will comment on who is retained or not and will then give us opinions on incomings and outgoings.

I think most local radio stations will take a similar view.

I'd like Ramage to go. 

Negative, inaccurate, whining hypocrite.

I can tell you a few on his keep list. Bryson, Russell, Keogh, Forsyth, Vydra, Nugent, Anya, Johnson. 

If you run around a lot and look busy then he's happy. Even if you're breaking shape and exposing teammates to chase shadows. 

It's worth getting Ramsplayer just to watch the game with RD commentary and listen to how inaccurate it all is.

"Derby have just stopped pressing Birmingham in the last 10 minutes and Birmingham are well on top now." - Derby had a huge chance 3 minutes ago and Birmingham have made 4 passes along the backline. 

2 hours ago, sage said:

!Whilst they are an independent news organisation they do need to keep a good working relationship with the club. They have to find a balance.

Ramage listing 6 or 7 players he thinks we should get rid off would go down like a dose of salts, especially whilst the season is still going. I imagine at the end of the season there he will comment on who is retained or not and will then give us opinions on incomings and outgoings.

I think most local radio stations will take a similar view.

It'll be anyone fast and energetic that looks busy. 

He can talk as much rubbish as he wants for me purely based on that header in my first ever East Midlands derby. 

Pick that one out the net Mark Crossley!

Back on to the content of the thread, is he really going to name players he thinks we should get rid of.

12 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

it does make me wonder why so many fans say they want success, but want to keep the players that struggle so spectacularly to achieve it when it's well within their grasp!

Makes me wonder why people have expectations of a top 6 finish from a squad they call rubbish all season, then when we don't finish top 6 a huge clear out is needed whilst also expecting top 6 next season not knowing who will even be in the squad or which clubs are coming down.

On top of the 3 coming down we have Villa, Norwich plus 3 of those that crash out the play offs.

But the Championship is easy apparently, each season is poor ?

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

I'd like Ramage to go. 

Negative, inaccurate, whining hypocrite.

I can tell you a few on his keep list. Bryson, Russell, Keogh, Forsyth, Vydra, Nugent, Anya, Johnson. 

If you run around a lot and look busy then he's happy. Even if you're breaking shape and exposing teammates to chase shadows. 

It's worth getting Ramsplayer just to watch the game with RD commentary and listen to how inaccurate it all is.

"Derby have just stopped pressing Birmingham in the last 10 minutes and Birmingham are well on top now." - Derby had a huge chance 3 minutes ago and Birmingham have made 4 passes along the backline. 

On the money as ever. I only hear his nonsense when watching the games back on Ramsplayer, and he has his favourites and they're the runners, the grafters, the ratters. Like many fans, he wants the ball forward and fast. No appreciation for why certain players are keeping possession and creating space. I feel sorry for those who don't/can't attend games and have to take his word for what's going on. But the ability to watch the game back on the website with the commentary really shows him up.

35 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

On the money as ever. I only hear his nonsense when watching the games back on Ramsplayer, and he has his favourites and they're the runners, the grafters, the ratters. Like many fans, he wants the ball forward and fast. No appreciation for why certain players are keeping possession and creating space. I feel sorry for those who don't/can't attend games and have to take his word for what's going on. But the ability to watch the game back on the website with the commentary really shows him up.

That Rowett fella was good a few seasons ago. D'ya think he'd fancy the gig again?

Archived