Shackell out for the season, Blackman possibly & Forsyth update

David

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, rynny said:

We cannot recall Rawson. As @G STAR RAM has already said.

Find a way with Coventry. Can't believe we loaned him out with Shackell so unfit. So many players on our bloated squad and yet  such lack of coverage. Not a day goes by when Mcclaren doesn't do my head in for his moves. Get him back. 

7 minutes ago, rynny said:

I think you are off slightly with some of your assessment. It is the stand on our right wing the ball normally lands. :ph34r:

I guess if his back has been bad the whole time and that his thinking was " damn, I have the ball but do much pain I can't carry it forward I'll just hoof it to the far side" then maybe when he's fixed he will indeed become Shackell version 1 or Keogh version 2, and be our top centre back.

Shackell is our best defender in terms of pure ability to defend, and as such this isn't good news at all. Think those who want him thrown out the door will regret it if he is, don't understand why he is so maligned, I can only assume it's something to do with his supposed poor attitude, which I can assure you is utter bullshit. Miles better than Pearce, and with keogh is one of the best centre back partnerships in the league as last season proved. Speedy recovery shacks!

34 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Find a way with Coventry. Can't believe we loaned him out with Shackell so unfit. So many players on our bloated squad and yet  such lack of coverage. Not a day goes by when Mcclaren doesn't do my head in for his moves. Get him back. 

It doesn't matter what the clubs want to do, loans can only be terminated in transfer windows for that player to be able to play for their parent club immediately, otherwise they have to wait until the next transfer window.

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

It doesn't matter what the clubs want to do, loans can only be terminated in transfer windows for that player to be able to play for their parent club immediately, otherwise they have to wait until the next transfer window.

He also refused a new contract, so not sure he sees himself here beyond the end of the season.

3 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

He also refused a new contract, so not sure he sees himself here beyond the end of the season.

8 minutes ago, rynny said:

Nah, yeah. Recall him though

No mention of gorgeous George is a worry. Hope my concerns are misplaced and like an earlier poster has said, there will be a similar catch up with George next week where we find out he will be fully fit for the start of next season (barring any further bad luck).

3 minutes ago, Mos_Ram said:

No mention of gorgeous George is a worry. Hope my concerns are misplaced and like an earlier poster has said, there will be a similar catch up with George next week where we find out he will be fully fit for the start of next season (barring any further bad luck).

36 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Nah, yeah. Recall him though

He's never had a chance to play on a good team. Reserves, Rotherham, Coventry ... good god. Recall Rawson. We have 2 centre halves right now, which is just mind boggling.  He's a good defender and maybe if we play him he might actually see a future here and sign. And as a bonus, he's lethal on attacking corners. 

27 minutes ago, Ninos said:

We have 2 centre halves right now...

Three with Baird. Plus who is in the U23s? You seem to be the only one rating him (although he seemed to have potential in the little of him I saw playing for Rotherham)? Even W@nker sent him back didn't he?!

6 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Which players and what's your source?

It seems players wages have doubled as the season has gone on! 

Random sentences in a couple of national newspaper pieces I read a couple of weeks ago, as well as respected journalists view points. It wasn't 3 seasons ago that a champ footballer earning £30k was seen as teams buying their way to top...now it's common place amongst some of the big spenders and there are several earning huge amounts (Newcastle and Villa being able to give out the wages) 

Im of course speaking from a place of no actual evidence, having not seen contracts. I'm like most people in that I read and hear things and decide whether I trust the source enough to repeat it. Put it this way, it wouldn't surprise me to learn there were Champ players this season earning £50k upwards

14 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

I see that fraud Thorne's about again, bloody wimp. Joey Barton would have shaken that broken leg off and carried on, need more generals like him in our side.

Back in my day the players used to run off a fractured spine 

9 hours ago, David said:

Is that the Apple cart that toppled over in Norwich conceding 3 goals?

But not the Apple cart that toppled over in Rotherham conceding 3 goals, who was calling Wassall more than a Granny Smith as he left the pitch!.....If I was a defender and had to choose between conceding 3 at Norwich or 3 at Rotherham and having to stick it on my footballing CV, I know which one I'd choose. Red or Yellow & Green Apple Cart?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35732983

Archived