Shackell out for the season, Blackman possibly & Forsyth update

David

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

2 players I'd have straight out the door in the summer. 

Shackell may be in Rowetts plans, which makes sense with only 2 other experienced CB's in squad, along with Rawson yet to make his first team bow.

Blackman is a funny one. I think there's a good championship player there - tall, quick, strong, powerful shot. And he has the tendency to aim for the corners when shooting (ala Harry Kane) which will either see him hit shots high/wide (what we've witnessed) or be a goal (yet to witness). But I like the idea.

He needs to get himself fit first, and then we'll see how Rowett wants to use him. In a 3 behind the striker, he can play in all the slots and could become an asset. Or he'll be surplus and moved on.

@r4derby

If reported figures are correct, Shackell is far too expensive to be sitting on the bench. Same goes with Blackman, he's 4th or 5th choice in any position he can possibly play, too expensive get rid. Would rather see, Vernam, Bennet or Jakobson given the game time,

If given the chance I would actually sell, Shackell, Christie, Olson, Butterfield, weimann, camara, Bent (release) and Blackman. Rowett to work his magic in the transfer market to bring in a RB, CB and an imposing CM, somebody who can stamp their authority on a game, it's something we don't have and haven't had since Eustace.

3 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

@r4derby

If reported figures are correct, Shackell is far too expensive to be sitting on the bench. Same goes with Blackman, he's 4th or 5th choice in any position he can possibly play, too expensive get rid. Would rather see, Vernam, Bennet or Jakobson given the game time,

If given the chance I would actually sell, Shackell, Christie, Olson, Butterfield, weimann, camara, Bent (release) and Blackman. Rowett to work his magic in the transfer market to bring in a RB, CB and an imposing CM, somebody who can stamp their authority on a game, it's something we don't have and haven't had since Eustace.

I've learnt not to worry too much about wages these days. It's football. Some of the transfers signed this season are on upwards of £50-60k! That's absurd for the second tier. Shackell could become first choice, or he could continue to sit on the bench and therefore be moved on.

I don't mind either way with the majority of our players, as I'm intrigued to see what Rowett and his team can do with our squad of talented individuals. So my assumptions and comments are me trying to think like Rowett...

Typical that players who could be given a chance before the end of the season are injured, hopefully this gives more of a chance to the younger players.

Shackell is a difficult one, yes he's a high earner but I think he'll be wanting to know about first team opportunities given his age. 

Camara might want to go home, I would give Blackman a chance in pre season over him.

Also a longer interview with Craig Forsyth on Ramsplayer.  He is already joining in some of the warm up sessions with the squad, running and ball playing routines and gym work of course.

He seems very positive and looks fit too.

I hope that he can come back as before as he would be a major asset to Rowett.  Right attitude too.

Thanks @David. ⬇

PistoldPete2

Derby will be so much better with a fully fit shackell and thorne, fozzy and martin back. With hopefully zanazala and vernam pushing for a place on the bench too. Weimann out on loan as well, as Rowett says we've got virtually a whole team out injured or out on loan. 

41 minutes ago, r4derby said:

I've learnt not to worry too much about wages these days. It's football. Some of the transfers signed this season are on upwards of £50-60k! That's absurd for the second tier. Shackell could become first choice, or he could continue to sit on the bench and therefore be moved on.

I don't mind either way with the majority of our players, as I'm intrigued to see what Rowett and his team can do with our squad of talented individuals. So my assumptions and comments are me trying to think like Rowett...

Yeah I know is not our place to worry about wages to a certain extent but it personally annoys me when we have players on the bench, picking up ridiculous amounts of money and contributing morning. Would much rather see some youth players on there. 

26 minutes ago, angieram said:

Also a longer interview with Craig Forsyth on Ramsplayer.  He is already joining in some of the warm up sessions with the squad, running and ball playing routines and gym work of course.

He seems very positive and looks fit too.

I hope that he can come back as before as he would be a major asset to Rowett.  Right attitude too.

Thanks @David. ⬇

Great interview. The main reason I'd ship out Olson, Fozzy and Lowe to cover the left back slot, I like Lowe think he's got great potential, unfortunately for him if Fozzy stays fit he won't get a look in next season, one of the best leafy backs outside the prem IMO, he took a lot of flack a couple of seasons ago, which was totally unjustified.

Look at the players to return to our squad!

In the current market and (I'm aware it's a big if,but) if they are all match fit the current market value of GT, CM, CF & JS would be in excess of £30m of talent right there. For FREE ??????

They would be like new signings as far as Gary Rowett would be concerned, not a bad starting position for next season is it. 

Can not wait to get Fozzy back, a top, top left back at championship level, he can defend, and attack, and has the right attitude, sure he will come back a top player again , also know someone who lives near him, and says he's a top bloke to. Would deffo show Shackell the door and get a younger upcoming centre back in.

1 hour ago, r4derby said:

I've learnt not to worry too much about wages these days. It's football. Some of the transfers signed this season are on upwards of £50-60k! 

Which players and what's your source?

It seems players wages have doubled as the season has gone on! 

Archived